Chapter 13 - Identical Imposters

Object's POV

Uhh....

This is...severely unexpected....

"Q-Quentin?" I said in surprise.

He raised an eyebrow. "So...you bothered to look more into me once I escaped you, huh?"

"Es-Escaped us? What in the world do you mean?"

He glared at us. "Stop playing dumb. You know exactly what I'm talking about."

I sighed angrily. "Ok, this is way too freaking cliché. I'm acting, I'm supposed to know what you're talking about, blah, blah, blah. I don't flipping know ANYTHING. All I know is that we appear in a forest, Cassia's injured, I try to find help and everyone freaks out saying I'm a murderer, and then we get put in custody!"

Quentin just watched me vent. "I recognize her from somewhere.... I did before, but...where have I seen her before...?" He muttered as he looked at Cassia. She stared back, emotionless.

"She was at Becca's execution." I said simply.

Quentin seemed taken aback. "How would you know?!"

"Uhh...I, uh, read it...."

Quentin sighed heavily. "Ugh, please, enough of the fourth-wall-breaking shiz...."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, there really isn't a fourth wall here, Quentin. Or maybe there is in some way. But not the usual. Maybe...?"

I looked out.

"Oh, hi, Becca-from-the-real-world!"

Her eyes widened as she was typing on the computer. "Object, please, don't do dis! Look away! This is not meant for your eyes! "

I giggled as I stopped looking out.

"Anyways...seriously, though, what is going on around here? How in the world are we murderers?"

Quentin narrowed his eyes at us before sighing, sitting in the chair across from us. "About a week ago, these murders started happening out of nowhere. Half a dozen people were killed in just 2 days. I went out to investigate when I got jumped by...well, you guys."

"But...we weren't even HERE a week ago! ...Were we? No, I don't think so." I rambled.

"Either way, I found myself in a cage underground. You guys were chatting about who knows what when you saw me awake. You...uh, I don't know your names...."

"I'm Object and this is Cassia. Seriously, can you take that thing off her?"

"Yeah...no. Rather not get burned."

"So...the Cassia you saw also breathed fire...."

"Anyways, you grabbed me, Object, and dragged me out. You then pulled out a knife and nearly stabbed me. I just fought back with some moves I've been learning and got away...barely. The murders seemed to increase after that. So far, we've had about 30 people killed by you guys. Though...I guess that number won't be increasing anymore." He finished with a smirk.

I glared at him. "Seriously?! I just flipping told you, we don't know anything! Or, uh, now we do, but we didn't kill anyone! Well, me and Cassia killed a few pigmen back at the castle...but we've never killed an actual person!"

"I humored you in telling you what's been happening. You cannot actually believe that I'd believe a couple of murderers that they didn't murder anyone."

Cassia growled angrily. I think she was getting fed up with this.

"Cassia...." I warned.

She looked at me, and we shared a silent but understandable conversation.