Chapter 23 - Over The Lands And Through The Forest To Becca's Castle We Go!

il's POV  (Because the author got REALLY tired of writing ilbarker)

"Well, we need to get you back to Becca. We need to regroup for fighting Herobri----"

The butt of an axe hit the back of her head really hard, and she fell forward.

"KIT!"  I whispered loudly.

Her eyes fluttered and then closed as she lost consciousness.

I look back over to the bacca guards to see...one of them...not...there....

Ugh, I wish I had been paying attention to them better!  Dang it, sleep, being needed and necessary and stuff....

The bacca guard picked Kit up.  "Who is this?"

"Uhh...she's my friend.  Well, one of them.  She was coming to rescue me and stuff...but, uh, that was before all THIS happened...."

The guard looked skeptical, but he looked up at the sky and sighed.  "It's too late, early, whatever as it is.  The chief needs his sleep.  We'll deal with this then."

He put Kit down and went to grab something before coming back.

"Wait, dude, seriously?!  She is anything BUT dangerous!"

He shrugged and wrapped Kit's wings around her torso before tying her up the same way as me.  "Well, I'm not risking the entire tribe on the word of someone who killed 24, now 25, of our people.  I'd kill you myself, to be honest, buuut the chief doesn't want that, so I shan't...for the time being."  He finished as he lay her against the same tree as me.

"Geez, I feel so~ lucky...."  I muttered under my breath.

The bacca scoffed.  "You should feel lucky.  Baccas are not a species you want to anger.  Now, you should sleep and stop worrying about whether we're watching you constantly or not.  I doubt you'd get far the way you are anyway."

I rolled my eyes as he went to lay back down next to the other guard.

I sighed and laid my head back against the tree, closing my eyes.

+-+-+-+-+-+

Someone was shaking my shoulder roughly.  "Hey.  Wake up."

I instinctively tried to rub my eyes, which obviously didn't work.  I blinked my eyes a bunch and looked up to see the guard.  "Your friend is waking up, too."

I looked over to see Kit stirring.  "Nngh...."  She muttered.  "Ow...my head...."

She, too, tried rubbing her eyes, which failed.  Her eyes shot open and she looked around.  "Oh.  Great."

I chuckled a teeny bit.  "Hi, Kit.  Nice to see you again."

She looked at me.  "Hi...."

The guard helped me and Kit up.  "K.  Time ta eat for you."

I nodded and turned around.  I felt him untie the vine around my torso and take it off.  He then unbound my hands, taking that off.

I unwrapped my wings swiftly and stretched, wincing at the ache.

"Ow, woah, watch it!"  Kit yelped.

Oops.  I just hit her with my wing.  "Oops, sorry.  Hey, at least you know how Cassia feels now!"  I said with a giggle.

Kit rolled her eyes as the guard handed me an apple.  I took it and watched it change to my dimensions.  "Thanks."

He nodded.  "Come on.  We need to go to the chief about your...friend."