Chapter 20 - Not What They Seemed....

spark's POV

'KNOWN!!'

Known just flew there with her arms crossed.

Nick pulled his gun and aimed it at her.  She didn't flinch.

"What the Nether are you?"  He growled.

Suddenly, little yellow sparks came up behind him and wrapped around his neck.  Not enough to choke him, but enough to lift him off the deck, making him drop the gun.

"I'm the person with wings who can control light and is gonna kick your butt."

The sparks shoved him high up the mast, staying around his neck and keeping him on the mast.

"What the Nether are you guys doing?!  ATTACK!!"  Nick yelled.

The two men holding the ropes around my neck started dragging me towards the door we had come out of in the first place.  The men holding Red started shoving him in this general direction.

"NO!"  Red yelled.  He kicked one of the men's legs, making him fall.  The other man pulled out his sword and yanked Red to him, putting his sword around his throat.  Red froze, growling.  The man he kicked down got up, grabbing Red and pulling him this way again.  The other men started to attack Known.  She set down Barney away from the fighting.  He picked up a random sword and began attacking.  She also set Aura's body on the plank in a way that she wouldn't tumble off.  Known then stood in front of the plank to protect Aura.

The men pulled me through the doorway , and I howled.  'HELP!'

Known looked to me and gasped, but a couple of men blocked her way.  Her light was fighting, but I could tell that she was getting weaker from all the light usage.

Barney was doing pretty well, but I knew he wouldn't last forever.

Watching all my friends struggle to fight back, to protect the people they care about...and I'm over here, weak, useless, dependent....

Something inside me snapped.

I was tired of being the "weak" member of the group.

Object feels like she's useless?  At least she still has opposable thumbs!  I'm a fricking wolf PUP.

NOO~, I just COULDN'T be a full grown wolf!  I had to be a freaking PUP.

I growled harshly as I seemed to gain strength.  The ropes around my neck tightened for a moment and then snapped.  The men holding the ropes backed away and pulled out their swords.

But...they weren't as tall as before.

I looked down to see my grayish fur become super dark gray.

The men looked terrified and the ones holding Red seemed to hesitate.  Red took this opportunity and back-headed the man holding the sword, causing the man to drop it.

The men around me attacked, but...their swords seemed to bounce off my fur...like it was metal.

But...it was clearly fur?

I growled at the attackers and swiped at them, my claws sharper than before.  A couple actually flew off the side of the boat while others stumbled and fell, deep claw marks in their chests.

Red was judo-kicking as best he could, but he was unable to get out of his binds.  I swiped many of the men away and he turned to me, looking a little scared.   "spark?"

I nodded and motioned for him to turn around.  He did so, and I carefully chewed his bonds off with my freakishly sharp teeth.  He nodded in my direction and picked up a fallen man's sword before joining the fray.