Chapter 22 - The Search For ilbarker

Kit's POV

Ok...Becca said between a forest and jungle biome....

I'm pretty sure we're in a forest due to all the trees, so I just need to fly around until I see some really tall trees.

I spread my wings and took off, flying over the forest.

I looked around for a while, but the biomes I've found so far connecting to the forest were a desert and a swamp.  I had yet to find a jungle.

After a bit more searching, the sun was starting to go down.  I sighed, preparing to land and rest for the night.  However, the last rays of sunlight seemed to illuminate really tall...trees!

I flew toward them to see that they were, indeed, jungle trees.  As the sun set, I landed on a high branch and rested.

However...my sleep was invaded with nightmares.  They've been like this since we got to Sub's.

I was walking through a plains biome when Aura appeared in front of me.  "I'm DEAD because of you.  Are you proud of yourself?  Was working with the god of the NETHER worth it?!"

I took a step back in shock.  "N-No, Aura, I didn't----"

"Didn't WHAT?!  You SCREWED all of us!  I'm dead, Cass and Object are probably gonna die, spark might be next, ilbarker is in TROUBLE, and----"

"Wait, ilbarker?  What's up with her?"

Aura glared at me.  "Why would I tell YOU?!  You're not my friend.  You're a murderer.  A traitor.  You don't deserve to be alive."

She disappeared and I froze.

"No, no, it's just a nightmare...they still care about me...they don't blame me...Known even said so herself...."

Speak of the devil and the devil shalt appear....

Known appeared next to me, making me jump.  "Oh, I said that?  Sorry, I'm pretty empathetic.  However, what I told you was habit.  I didn't actually mean it, ya know.  You're a horrible person.  I would've executed you myself, but----"

I snapped.  "SHUT UP!  YOU'RE NOT KNOWN!  YOU ARE MY GUILT!  And I will NOT fall victim to YOU!"

I made a sword appeared and stabbed Known through the chest.

Known's golden eyes widened and she grabbed the sword as she fell to her knees.  "K-Kit...w-why...are you...?"

I froze at how soft her voice was.  I let go of the sword and Known collapsed into a lifeless heap before disappearing.

I got on my knees and looked down, my hands over my head.  "No, no, no, wake up, wake up, wake up, this isn't really, this is a nightmare...."

"Or issssss it?"

I gasped and looked up to see Cassia.  "C-Cass...."

She punched me in the face and I flew back.  It didn't hurt due to it being a nightmare, but it certainly hurt me mentally.

"Why, Kit?!  I've tried sssssso hard to keep thissssss group alive and together, and YOU rip ussssss apart!  You're a dissssssgrace....  I can't believe I ever thought of you assssss a friend."

My eyes shot open to be greeted with the faint sunlight of the morning.  I was shivering violently, but it cold out here.

"They do care about me.  They don't blame me.  WHY DO I KEEP HAVING THESE NIGHTMARES?!"  I cried.

I sat up in the branch trying to gather myself for a while.  When I could finally stand without wobbling, I spread my wings and took off, wiping the tears from my face.