Chapter 11 - When Time Rates Don't Coincide And You Just Go With It T_T

ilbarker's POV

It's been about a week.

I think.

He's been keeping on the down-low whenever I'm conscious and panicking and uses the herb thingy whenever he needed to change bandages or...something.

That...didn't sound right.

While I was a bit mad at him for being doctor-like, he did keep me from death...in a less-than-satisfactory way.

I was able to walk on my own and my wing was completely healed hole-wise.  Unfortunately, they were still sore and weak, so I couldn't fly quite yet.  I also did inform him on our situation with being split up and Herobrine and stuff.

I was sitting at a table eating some fruit when Jerome came in, looking kinda weary.

"You ok?"  I asked, setting down the apple I was eating.

What? If an apple a day keeps the doctor away, then of COURSE I'm gonna eat them!

He sat down across from me and sighed.  "Depends.  Can I ask for your help?"

I nodded.  "Pretty sure you saved my life even if I hated every moment of it.  I owe you big time."

Jerome chuckled slightly.  "Well, I am the co-leader of a tribe of baccas.  I found them not too long after we left the castle.  Apparently, the leader of the tribe was my bigger brother, Jeremy.  I was originally the co-leader, so they let me take back up my job.  However...remember how I said WAAAAY back then that baccas don't trust humans because our fur is coveted?  Weeeell...here is that case presented.  Jeremy nearly killed Mitch on sight, but I just barely convinced him not to.  Unfortunately, he thought that Mitch had convinced me to trust him, so Jeremy took Mitch and Kirby and locked them up under surprisingly heavy guard.  I've only been able to visit them twice in the past month and a half or two months.  I dunno.  The thing is...I was caught once trying to break them out....  Let's just say...they're not unwilling to kill their own kind for "traitorous" reasons."

"So...what am I to do?  I'm kinda a human here!"

"Yeah, but humans don't have angel wings.  I suppose you're just a special case.  Maybe they'll let you in since you're not...human in a way."

I fiddled with the apple a bit.  "So...I would...go in there...and...?"

Jerome looked down and rubbed the back of his head before grinning at me sheepishly.  "Err...haven't thought that far yet."

I scoffed.  "Typical of you."

"Yeah.  Anyways, would you be up for a rescue mission?"

"Totally.  How are we gonna do it?"

"Well, you're still injured quite a bit, right?"

I moved my aching wings a bit and winced.  "Yup."

"Well...uh...how about I carry you into the village like you're injured much worse than you are and...they can see you're not totally human."

"And if they still consider me human...?"

He winced.  "Uhh...book it?"

I was starting to feel like this was gonna be a suicide mission....

I facepalmed.  "Jerome, the only way I'd actually get away was if I could fly.  Running is out of the question since they'll clearly be faster than me and I can't fly."

Jerome looked down and sighed heavily before looking at me, his eyes filled with slight guilt and pleadingness.  "ilbarker...please?  I have no one else to turn to here and...I miss them, ilbarker.  I miss my Mitch and my little Kirby.  Sure, he's flipping 200 YEARS OLD, but he's still quite young for his kind.  I don't know how long they'll last down there...."