Chapter 26 - Skippin' Time Like A Boss!

Known's POV

"spark?!"  I exclaimed as she toppled over after shrinking back into her wolf pup form.

She yawned widely and closed her eyes.

Imogen ran over, picking spark up gently and holding her, examining her.  "...She's ok.  But...she's breathing rather slowly.  I think...she might be in a coma...."

I leaned forward to get closer but yelped in pain and sat back, holding my head.  "Oww...."

Red peeked over the side whilst holding the wheel.  "Are you ok?"

I nodded slightly.  "Y-Yeah, just...just worn out...and outta power...."

Barney knelt next to Aura, placing a hand on her arm.  "I ams curious about hers.  Usuallys, rigor mortises setted in abouts 2s ors 3s days ago, yet shes is stills normal.  Whys that is?"

"What the heck...?  Mortises is a word, but mortis isn't?!  But...rigor mortis?!  I give up...."

Uhh...o...k then...?

Also, Barney became Yoda there....

:P

I shrugged.  "Ask Becca.  This is technically her creation, so she does the stuff around here."

"Umm...ugh, forget it.  You guys are weird enough as it is and my head hurts from just trying to process what that even means.  Known, how long did it take you to get here from shore?"

I closed my eyes.  "Uhh...a few hours, I think.  I do fly rather fast, though, so it might be a day or two before we would actually get there by boat.  Thankfully, that should also be the amount of time I'll need to regain my powers...."

"I've been wondering....."  Imogen began.  "How...do your powers work?"

I looked to her.  "Well, it's kinda like a...stacking power.  The more power in me, the faster it returns, if that makes sense.  The less power, the longer it'll take for the power to come back to me.  Notice my eyes.  They're usually gold when I'm fully powered, but since there's no power left in me, or, uh, minuscule amounts left, they change to their natural color, brown.  My powers are basically just the ability to manipulate light in various ways, from tracking to attacking to transportation."

I winced as my head started pounding.  "I need to rest...."

Imogen came over and hooked an arm under my shoulder whilst holding spark in the other.  "Come on."

With a bit of difficulty, Imogen got me and spark into the captain's quarters where there was a small couch.  She laid me down on it and set up some cushions next to the couch, laying spark on them.  She then went back out and came back with Aura's body, laying it next to spark.

Imogen sat down next to spark, sighing.  "Everything...feels like it's going so slow....  Do you feel it, Known?"

I nodded.  "I know why, but someone wouldn't be very happy if I said why."

Imogen chuckled lightly.  "Well, I'm gonna go check up on Barney and Dad and make sure they're alright."

She stood up and left the room, closing the door.

And that was that.

Time was then skipped to a point where the plot wasn't boring.

AKA the shore.

I spread my wings, stretching them as I landed on the sand.

Red came off the boat holding Aura and Imogen with spark.  Barney was carrying many packs and seemed to be straining a little.

"So...do you know where the castle is?"  Red asked, shifting Aura's body a bit.

I shook my head.  "No, but I can easily pinpoint Becca and go from there.  She isn't able to leave the castle, so wherever she is, so is the castle."

I closed my eyes, pinpointing Becca's essence easily.  She seemed to be a bit southwest from us.

I opened my eyes, looking to the small group with me.  "Southwest of here is her castle.  I could get there within a couple hours.  On foot, though...I'd say about half a day.  I'll take spark and Aura ahead to get them to Becca faster.  I'd carry all of you there, but my powers are a bit weak from being used up so suddenly.  I'll only be able to carry Aura in a sphere, but I can carry spark in my arms."

They nodded.  Imogen put spark in my arms and Red laid Aura's body gently on the sand.  Barney set down a few of the packs and Imogen and and Red picked them up.

"We'lls be headings on now.  Be careful, oks?"

I nodded as I made a sphere around Aura, lifting her up.  "You too, guys.  We'll need all the help we can get."

They nodded back and turned, walking into the nearby woods to the direction of the castle.

I sighed, looking at the comatose pup and my dead friend.  "Let's get you guys fixed up again...."

I took off, flying swiftly over the trees.

And I just flew.

After a small while, I saw a structure in the distance.

A lone structure in the middle of a clearing.

Becca's castle.

I smiled, ignoring the starting ache in my wings.

But then...my smile almost immediately fell.

I heard shouts and saw a bunch of furry things run into the clearing, heading for the castle.  They seemed to be severely panicked.

A large set of doors appeared on the side and opened, revealing a wide-eyed Becca standing a few feet away from the door on the inside.

Right...she can't leave....

She looked to me and shouted.  KNOWN, HARD LEFT, NOW!!!!!

I veered Aura to the left and did a barrel roll to my left, barely dodging...something with sharp claws.

My barrel roll, however, wasn't very...clean, and I hit the top of a tree, spinning out and landing hard in the clearing.

Aura's body tumbled roughly down next to me and spark fell from my hands.

I hissed as I landed, quickly getting to my knees.  I shook my head and turned, looking to the skies.

Oh...my...God....

Was that...il...?

And...And Kit...?

Fighting?

il's wings were...pitch black and...she had sharp claws and...a red haze around her body....

What happened...?