Chapter 34 - The New God? Of The Nether

Aura's POV

Oh God....

I just killed my friend.

I just....

I just freaking shot her TWICE.  Or twice and a nick, but STILL.

I had given spark the pill before the battle, so she's shrunken now, though thankfully not in a coma.

Everyone who had been unconscious was awake now, and...Herobrine's body was gone, as well as the sword.

Known was planning on carrying il's body back....

I killed il.

I just cannot get over that.

I mean, how could I?

spark kept nudging my foot, so I looked down at her.

'Hey, don't blame yourself, ok?  It's like we told Kit before.  It was Herobrine, not her.  It's the same for you.  It was him, not you.'

"It doesn't change the fact that it was still me that killed her.  My body.  I own this body, and it killed her."

'A body that YOU lost control of for a time.  YOU were out of it.  YOU were not the one in control, thus being that YOU are not the one at fault.'

I sighed, looking away.

I didn't know where my bow was....  I'd literally thrown it somewhere really hard after I gained my sense back, and I had no clue where.  However, I had no desire to know where.

A lot of my friends kept trying to comfort me, but honestly, right now, I was just trying to compensate with mourning and guilt, which is a TERRIBLE combination....

"Hey, Aura...."  I heard Kit say as she walked over.

The others were checking up on everyone else, making sure injuries were taken care of before we started heading out.

I looked over at her.  "Hey...."

"Look, I totally understand your position.  Well, uh...mostly.  But...it hurts, I know.  Let us help, ok?  You all helped me when I attacked y'all, like, 3 times now.  To be honest, I'm...also responsible for what happened to her.  If I hadn't gone hand-to-hand with Herobrine, I wouldn't have ended up in the position of being able to throw il across the room.  It was just bad luck that she ended up in front of you.  Or, uh, controlled you.  Crap, I'm bad at this."

I laughed a little.  "It's fine.  How is everyone else?"

"Of all of us, I'd say Known was the worse off, though her weird light powers should help her heal faster.  Once everyone's been taken care of, the 7 of us are heading back to the castle.  Maybe Becca can bring back il.  Jerome's coming too, though Kirby and Mitch are staying to heal up.  Jerome wants to bring the tribe back here to the Bacca sector."

I nodded.  "Well, I'm ready for whenever we need to leave."

She nodded back then placed a hand on my shoulder.  "Don't blame yourself, mk?"

I gave a slight smile but said nothing.

???'s POV

I jolted up from my bed with a gasp.  Oh my God....

Wh-What...?

She's back.  Oh God, she's back.

Aaaand back to Aura!

We stood at the exit of the Budder Kingdom, looking back at all the people who were staying.

Red and Imogen have decided to stay away from the sea for a long time and will be living with some of the Recruits until Sky builds them a house.

Speaking of Sky, having returned to his senses, he's decided to use his powers leftover from being the son of Herobrine to rebuild any broken things around the kingdom that his father destroyed.

Barney was staying with his friend, Red, from now on, leaving his traveling days behind him.

Quentin was heading back to Flora city with Ashley, Yena, and Valen.

The Merome family was obviously staying in the Budder Kingdom, just Jerome coming to get the tribe then come back.

Sub and Velloa were returning to their mansion, though they planned on visiting the kingdom every now and then.

"Are we all ready to go, then?"  Known asked.

I looked to her from the corner of my eye to avoid seeing the floating body near her.

Everyone nodded or yeahed.  "Coolio.  Let's get back, then!"

And so we left.

spark walked beside me for a while, silent, before Cassia came over.  "Hey, you doing ok?"

I sighed.  "Define ok.  Physically, I think so.  Mentally and emotionally, not so much."

"Hey, I'm pretty ssssssure you've heard thissssss, like, 5 timessssss now and it'ssssss getting redundant, but it wassssssn't you, ok?"

I ran a hand through my hair, lingering on my wolf ears for a moment.  "My brain is being a complete butt....  Like, I keep going back to the thought of, 'What if il had chosen me as one of the ones to go on her side?  Maybe she wouldn't have died!'  Essentially, trying to find blame for someone other than myself.  Of course, it's entirely idiotic as choosing me could not only have jeopardized the entire sword thing, but spark might be in a coma if I hadn't been.  Without that pill....  Ugh, sorry...just...I'm kinda...not in a good spot right now...."

Cassia gave a small laugh.  "Are any of ussssss in a good sssssspot?  Half of ussssss attacked the other half of ussssss.  The attackerssssss feel bad for attacking while the attacked feel bad for defending assssss it made them have to attack.  Uh, if that made ANY ssssssensssssse...."

I smirked.  "Yeah."

"Sssssserioussssssly, though, don't feel like you're entirely alone in how you feel.  All of ussssss hurt...uh...all of ussssss?  Ssssssomething like that."

I chuckled at her confusing sentence.  "Something like that."

"Guys, stop!"  Known called.

We did so, looking to see what was the problem.

...2 familiar figures stood off in the distance.

I frowned.  "Wait...is that...Object and...you?"

Cassia hissed slightly.  "Our evil clones....  But what are they doing here?"

Cassia walked forward towards them, and so did Object, though they paused next to Known.

The clones were grinning evilly.  "Fancy seeing y'all here."

'Oh...so that's where they were....  I was confused as to why I hadn't seen them during the battle....'

I was sorta regretting that I didn't have my bow and arrow, but there were just two of the----

...No...there weren't just two of them, were there...?  Cuz that's literally the thought just before more show up....

Aaaand, of course, I jinxed it.

Out of the treeline around us came a ton of pigmen.

The group backed together, keeping il's body towards the middle.

"That's not possible...."  Kit whispered.

The clones slowly walked nearer before parting, revealing a person that they had apparently been blacking from sight.

A dirty blond, small-handed, purple-glasses-wearing female, though her eyes were closed.

"No...Becca...?"  I said in shock.

She grinned evilly before opening her eyes, looking directly at us.

Oh my God...her eyes weren't hazel...they...they were....

...Gray.

Rebecca laughed.  DID YA GUYS MISS ME?