Matteo scoffed and returned to his relaxed position, settling back into the water. "Don't be jealous, it doesn't suit you." He paused mulling over his next words carefully, a long silence settled between us. He sighed in exasperation and ran hand down the side of his face, resolving silently. "I didn't mean that. I meant that she's not my girlfriend, Isabel's just..." Matteo trailed off, struggling to find the right words, "Isabel is the one who turned me."

My eyes practically fell out of my head, "Turned you?" It could mean a lot of things and I didn't want to automatically jump to the first assumption in my head. The first one being that if Matteo hadn't always been a werewolf and if there was a time when he was a human, it would just make all of his egregious acts even more outrageous considering his humble beginnings.

Maybe he meant it sexually? That was impossible though because sexuality wasn't a choice to turn one way or another because put your paws up 'cause you were born this way, baby. I've been hanging around Amias too much.

Matteo nodded dully, showing little to no interest in the conversation despite the magnitude of what we were discussing. "There's never been anything romantic between Isabel and I." He began slowly, "When someone turns you, you gain an inexplicable connection to them." Matteo shrugged his shoulders as if this was easy information to process, "She found me years ago and turned me, end of story."

That was the worst description of events I'd ever heard, it left me significantly more confused than when he started. "But Amias said..." I trailed off not wanting to finish my own sentence.

Matteo raised both of his dark eyebrows and sat forward, a small smile across his features. "What? Amias told you something about us and you decided to believe him because he is known for being a reliable source for veritable information?" He was teasing me.

My face flushed and I held a hand to it, blocking it from view. "I'm so dumb." I laughed at my own stupidity, I hadn't even questioned Amias about the information he'd given me. I simply accepted it and rushed to judgments.

He nodded in agreement, "You are," He paused watching me immediately drop my hand to glare at him, "But this time, it was almost charming."

He wasn't getting off the hook so easily, especially with his lame attempt to compliment me while still managing to insult me at the same time. "How come you lost your sh:t over her mark? That seems a little more than just someone who turned you."

I had pushed too far with my incessant questions, "For f:cks sake, Olive," Matteo exclaimed in irritation, "You alone are my mate, isn't that enough for you?"

I dropped my gaze to my clasped hands just under the water, he sighed and seemed content to just sit in silence but it wasn't enough for me.

"But we aren't really mates though, are we?" Whatever buzz the drink had given me had long since burned off at this point, "You hate me and I hate you. You said it yourself, the only reason you haven't rejected me already is because you are worried that if you do you'll lose your wolf and end up just like me." I wrapped my arms around my knees, "I'm not even a wolf and I know that this isn't how it is supposed to work."

The expression on Matteo's face was unreadable, "Olive, I--"

I shook my head and held out a hand to stop whatever feeble attempt at assurance or whatever Matteo was planning to say, "Just stop." I stood up from the now lukewarm water, my clothes dripping water everywhere. "I don't want to hear it, I can't hear it."

His hand was suddenly grasping mine, his touch had a certain kind of fervor to it. Matteo pulled me backwards and instead of tumbling back down into the tub and no doubt cracking my skull open on the porcelain, I collided straight into his arms.

Matteo's lips were on mine in an instant. He wound his hand through my hair and pulled me impossibly closer, tangling our bodies further together in the bathtub.

Wildly, my arms moved as if on instinct and wrapped around his neck. His muscled body held me fast as I straddled his waist and feverishly responded to the way his body moved with mine. I frantically busied myself with the hem of his shirt, trying to pry the soaked fabric from his defined chest.

Matteo growled against my skin and pulled away for a split second, tugging the material over his head and in another swift motion he successfully removed my own shirt throwing it somewhere unknown to me. My heart was pounding painfully in my chest as I raked my hands down his back and an embarrassing euphoric gasp left my lips when he focused his mouth on a particularly sensitive place on my neck.

My neck, the knife, all the blood, Alpha James, Matteo...

I immediately released Matteo from my lustful clutch just as he flipped me over beneath him, sloshing water everywhere throughout the bathroom. What had I done? He hovered above my body as the same constricting fear overtook my senses, it plucked me from my crazed state of ecstasy and sobered me instantly.

When Matteo lowered himself down to me I locked my arms against his chest, shoving him backwards. My refusal came as a shock to Matteo although somewhere beneath the surprise it seemed as if he too realized that what we had just done in the heat of the moment was wrong. He moved off of me, returning to his side of the bathtub.

His lips were swollen and when I stood up from the water a second time, I winced seeing the loud red marks that I had left all across his back and chest. The cold air hit me as I stepped out of the tub completely. I picked up my dripping shirt wordlessly off of the soaked tile floor and held it up to my chest in one hand and with the other I held my neck.

Right before I was about to retreat from the bathroom I paused in the doorway and mustered up the very last ounce of courage I had left in me. "You can't do this to me." One minute he hated me and the next we were tearing our clothes off in a bathtub, it wasn't healthy and more importantly, it wasn't right. He was not right.

I didn't look back at him, I couldn't. I slipped out of the bathroom and as I closed the door behind me, I thought I heard a quiet voice from within.

"I know."

oOoOoOoOoOo

we finally got the vote count, it was a struggle but we did it :-) next update is gonna be at 275!

this chapter was really hard to write because matteo is a major ass but he's growing on me so i was trying to communicate that without being just another cliche werewolf story (bc i haaaAte that) soo hopefully this worked out without being basic af.

xxq