Chance

"Nani!?" Tenten exclaimed. I, Tenten, and Lee where at the training groups taking a break from our training.

"What about our upcoming missions?" Tenten questioned curiously. "She has nothing to do with keeping me away from our missions. Hopefully the matters with her will be solved, and just maybe she'll be gone" I answered calmly.

"So basically you're babysitting her?" Lee spoke. I sighed. "Ah."

"But what does she have against Misaki?"

"That is something I cannot explain. Though they do have a history together" I said without trying to give any concrete details.

"Now you mention it.. I remember one of her opponents during the Chunin Exams was spurting nonsense about Misaki and her brother being a murderer. Does that connect with this Yuki person?"

I was surprised at the fact how Lee was able to put pieces of the puzzle together so fast. Let alone remember the events that happened almost three years ago.

"What about after this is all solved? Is Tsunade-sama just gonna let her go?" Tenten was on a roll with questions. But I don't think she liked the situation any better than I did.

"If she doesn't pose as a threat then I'd assume so." I stated. "This really is a problem" Tenten breathed in dismay.

"She did say she could be able to track her brother when he was near. Considering they'll be having to pass through Konohagakure territory in order to pass through to where they need to go." I inform.

"Seriously!?" They both said in unison. I give them a curt nod. "That means this could be our chance to save Misaki!" Lee says with excitement as he balls his fist.

"Possibly.." I muttered. It still bothered me. Misaki's situation. I can't help the fact that I want her back with us. By my side.

Is she really safe to be with her brother? No.. That S-rank criminal who posed to be as her brother? Nothing entirely makes sense. Yuki did give out important information, but neither did she know the full story herself. Which means..

We had to directly get answers from Misaki, Hidan, or her brother himself.

~Earlier~

Exiting the interrogation room I bumped into Kakashi. "I've been meaning to talk to you. Lets walk" he says leading the way.

It was silent at first. I could feel and see the glances he would take every now and then at me.

He sighed. "You let her escape, didn't you?" Be finally speaks. I grunt in surprise. How did he...?

"Neji despite what you feel about this, we need Misaki here. It's already dangerous enough that she's fallen in the hands of her brother. If he were to take her to Akatsuki.. We're in a dangerous position."

"Not only that, but if Misaki truly gets involved with Akatsuki.. I'm afraid there's no way to help her. If it comes down to it we'll have to possibly kill her" Kakashi finishes coming to a stop. I stopped in my tracks looking at Kakashi in disbelief.

"Misaki isn't like that. She would never-!"

"We don't know what she would do, Neji. Neither do we know her full background. It's critical." Kakashi interjects.

I frowned deeply. He did have a point. I can't risk Misaki becoming a threat to us. I'd have to get her back no matter what it takes.

~Back to Present~

I exhale a long deep sigh staring at the sky. I was pulled out my thoughts when Tenten placed her hand on my shoulder.

"We'll get her back" her smile holds how confident she was about this. But whether Misaki liked it or not, we were going to take this chance.