My Homeland, Yugakure

I was awoken by Hidan's loud voice as he shook me awake. I groaned opening one eye to look at him.

"Get up. We gotta get going" he spoke as he handed me my weapon. I get up yawning as I stretched.

I followed him out the inn, walking around the small town with him. We stopped to get breakfast, but we ate in silence.

The only things that could be heard were the busy workers, satisfying their costumers. People running and walking from here and there.

Me and Hidan got up from the booth, making our way out the town. "Hidan, there are a lot of things I would like to ask you.." I trailed off as we walked.

"Hm?" He waited for me to continue. "Well.. It's about-" I cut myself off when he grabbed me by my arm, pulling me to a nearby building.

He held his arm out in front of me as my back pressed against the wall. He peeked around the corner.

"What is it?" I asked. "Shit.. We've been tracked.." Hidan whispered barely audible. But I was able to hear him.

Hidan looked towards me. "Come on, we gotta get out of here" he says as he walked past me. I gave off an confused look, peeking around the corner.

It was Konoha anbu, for sure searching the area for me. It wasn't long before they scattered in different directions. I catch up with Hidan, who seemed to have wondered off far.

"Hidan, they'll find us if we don't get out of here" I mention. "Yeah. I can see that" he deadpanned as he grabbed a hold of my arm.

We slipped through the giant crowd of people, hiding ourselves as we slipped out of the town.

We ran until we were far out of range from the town, walking for now. I got the feeling we were safe, so I decided to loosen up a bit.

"Hidan.. About earlier.. I want to know everything.. About our parents and everything else.. You said I'm an Akatsuki member right? Why was I sent off to Konoha then? Why wasn't I able to stay with you? Why after all these years you waited to get me? Why couldn't you ever visit me? " I flooded him with questions. I really needed to know the answers.

I didn't even understand anything right now, no matter how much I tried to put the pieces together.

Hidan took a deep sigh as he scratched the back of his head. "Yeah.. About that.. You were quite very young back then, you had no skill or talent whatsoever. Your mission was to get close to Konoha's Kyuubi jinchuriki.. Until you've matured well enough, and develop your Fukkatsu abilities, I wasn't able to get you"

"It was a pain in the ass being away from you for so long" Hidan finished as he threw his hands behind his head.

"And what about our parents?" I asked. When I asked that, Hidan looked as if he saw a ghost. His skin turned pale and he froze in place as he stared at me.

"It's complicated." Was all he said. I frown at his answer. "I can't remember a single thing about our parents, Hidan! I don't even have a slightest memory of them! What happened to them?" I asked.

He stayed quiet as we continued we continued to walk. "Yugakure is just a few miles out. We should be there before night" he says, ignoring my question.

I bit my bottom lip, trying to suppress my rising anger towards him. What was so bad about it that he didn't want to tell me?

I clench my fists, glaring intensely at his back. 'I'll let it past now.. But when we get to Yugakure, he's telling me everything I want to know..'

_________________

The sun began to set, yet we reached Yugakure which I haven't been to in a long while.