Chapter 36

Exams are coming up. I have been living in the library. I haven't been to class much this semester but I can make up for it. The guys have been beside me too. We have been studying, we cannot flunk especially now that we have to start filling out application forms very soon. School as been boring as always.

I'm in my last class for the day with Jake at the back of the class by the window earpiece in place. I looked down at the note that someone threw at me. Only Jake can do that because nobody wants to cross paths with me in a not so good way. I looked at Jake who is sitting beside me.

"Read it" he mouthed at me. I opened the small note: I'm bored. Really? I stare at him. What does he want me to do?

'Listen to music' I write back in the note and throw it at him. I looked up to see the teacher looking at me and saying something but I can't hear due to the earpiece in my ear. He keeps staring at me and so does the whole class so I remove one ear.

"Miss Knight, would you like to share with the class what you are doing?" he repeats.

"I got a note, I replied, I passed the note back" I reply.

"What was in the note?" he asks.

"Lemme try to remember. Um...yeah... Something about you not minding your business" I replied. Jake tried to hide his laugh. I glare at him. He got me into this mess.

"Excuse me?" Mr Damon, the teacher asks. He is the physics teacher.

"I mean, you are here to teach, so... Teach" I reply raising an eye brow.

"Who passed the note?" Mr Damon asks. I once again glare at Jake. I wouldn't throw him under the bus.

"Was it Mr Jake, here?" he asks again when I didn't answer.

"Mr who?" I act dumb.

"The boy beside you, your friend" he replies shaking his head.

"I have never met this boy in my entire life" I answer. I then turned to Jake and ask, "Are you new?". Jake just looks at me and nods.

"I have seen you two together" Mr Damon says.

"You must be mistaken" I reply.

"You know what, just sit down and let's go back to the class" he says and faces the board. Just as he was about to write something, the bell rang signaling end of school.

I stand up, "Let's go Jake" I say and walk to the front of class with Jake beside me. I look at Mr Damon who looks like he is about to kill me and smile sweetly before leaving the class.

"You are certifiably crazy" Jake say when we were by the locker.

"I agree... Who is?" Lou asks when he meets us by the lockers. I just shake my head.

"Elly is" Jake replies.

"Elly is what?" Mike asks. I groan and jam the locker shut making a loud bang.

"Someone isn't in a good mood" Peter says when he joins us.

"Yeah, She's been like this all day" Jake says.

"Like she's on her period or something" said Lou. I glare at him.

"Oh shit" Mike says.

"I hate period Elly, she's so much meaner" Peter said and I glared at him.

"See what I mean?" he continued pointing at me. I leave them there and walk outside to my bike going home. I hate periods.

I went to my room, took a hot shower and went to lie down on my bed with lots of junks that I had bought ahead consisting of Nutella, chocolates, sweets, biscuits and juices. I lay there watching Brooklyn nine nine. Funny movies take my mind of it. I have the hit water in a container resting on my belly.