Chapter 35

I WANT TO USE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO THANK YOU ALL. I STARTED WRITING THIS BOOK A MONTH AGO TODAY (JUNE  9) AND IT MEANS A LOT TO ME THAT IT HAS GOTTEN FARTHER THAN I EVER IMAGINED IT WOULD GO AND THAT'S DUE TO YOU ALL. YOU ALL GAVE MY BOOK A CHANCE AND FOR THAT I AM GOING TO BE FOREVER GRATEFUL. FOR THE VOTES, I SAY THANK YOU. FOR THE WONDERFUL COMMENTS, THANK YOU. FOR THE CORRECTIONS, THANK YOU. I AM GRATEFUL. ❤️❤️
______________________________________________

"Wake up Elly. You gave to get ready for school!" I heard mum shout from downstairs.

"Ugh... I'm up!!" I reply sleepy. I need 5 more minutes sleep I thought to myself before drifting off.

"Stand up. Here I thought you would be dressed by now" I heard mum's voice by my head. She yanked the blanket off my body and I just had to wake up.

"Why?!" I asked.

"You have school" mum said leaving my room.

"I hate school" I told her then sneezed. Mum came back to the room and checked my forehead. My temperature is fine.

"I hope you are not getting the flu" mum said leaving the room after checking that I'm ok. I don't have the flu. Just been sneezing here and there. I stood up to take a hot shower. Decided to wear a white sleeveless top with a high waist blue jeans and a leather jacket with my black boots. I used my black choker and let my hair fall loose. Putting my phone and earpiece in my backpack and taking a few pictures. I left the room and went downstairs.

"See who's ready for school" mum said when I got downstairs. I sneezed again while making myself a cup of coffee.

"You sure you alright?" mum asked and I nodded. She looked at me skeptically like she didn't believe me.

I ate breakfast which consisted of eggs, bacon and toast before pecking mum on the cheeks and leaving the house. I rode my bike to school sneezing all the way. I do not have the flu.

"Morning", I greeted the boys when I parked beside Mike's car.

"Morning" they all replied. Mike came and kissed me.

We walked into school together only for everyone to be called for assembly.

"Morning everyone" the principal said. She looks like shit. "School has been canceled due to the flu. Half of the school has already gotten it. So please go home and go treat yourselves. Thank you" she said. Half of the school was sneezing and coughing. I do not have the flu.

"What should we do now?" Mike asked after the assembly was over. Everyone was going back home. The ones who didn't have the flu were avoiding those with the flu like they had the plague. I guess nobody wants the flu.

"Costume shopping?" I asked.

"Cool.. Let's go" Jake said. I went to my motorcycle so did Jake who brought his. Mike, Peter and Lou went to their cars.

"Wanna race?" Jake asked.

"You got it" I answered. I hadn't even started my bike when we raced past me. Shit. I started after him. I could see him way ahead in front so I did the logical thing, I cut corners. He was waiting by a red light in a cross junction when I came out of the street on the right to Jake and turned to my right. I smirked at him when I saw him and he was clearly surprised to see me. I got to the costume shop before him.

"You cut corners" he said when he parked beside me.

"You left before I even started the engine" I countered. He couldn't say anything. We waited for the other guys.

"Who won?" Lou asked.

"I did" I answered.

"Shit" Peter said and gave Mike a 20 dollar bill.