Chapter 7

"I want to drive!!!!" I shouted. "Shotgun!" Pete shouted. We smiled at each other. The others groaned because they didn't want to squeeze themselves at the back.

I drove to the nearest Wal-Mart, by the time we got there, it was midnight. Mike took the cart and I sat in it. "Am your queen!!" I shouted. Mike just shaked his head.

"But I wanted to ride in it" Lou said pouting.

"You snooze, you lose" I replied sticking my tongue out at him.

But he went to get another cart and begged Peter to push him, who just rolled his eyes at him but Jake agreed to push his cart.

I gave him my stink eye saying, "My driver is better than yours" and then smiled up at Mike who smiled back. God I love his smile.

"No, mine is better" Lou said.

"Race?" I said with one eyebrow raised.

"Race" he replied with a nod of the head too.

"I don't want a race" Jake said pouting.

"As your queen, I declare a race after we finishing buying what we need in the parking lot!!!! " I shouted.

Lou smiled while Peter just groaned. Saying something about us being childish.

"But you get to decide the winner" I told him smiling.

"I'm in" he said grinning from ear to ear. "I'm a judge!!" he shouted.

We sure are a very loud group of people.

Going from aisle to aisle, we picked out lot of food and by that I mean junks. First thing to be picked was Nutella because that's my king, and every queen needs her king. Lots and lots of Nutella. Other groceries like orange juice, milk, coffee, eggs, etc were also placed in the cart with Lou. In my cart, only Nutella, sweets, gum, chips, etc. The toiletries like kitchen and laundry detergents, paper towel, etc were placed under the cart.

After picking out everything we need, which contained 2 more carts due to quantity, we went to the check out point, the guy there just kept staring at us. I still sat in my cart because I am still the queen but Lou had already gotten up so as to push another cart. It took us about 10 minutes to finish checking out, we had loads of bags to carry to the car. Took us about 40 mind to arrange the bags in the car so the trunk would close, well it took them because I still sat in the cart watching them.

When they were done, we were ready to race. I was excited. Lou was already in his cart with Jake at his back holding the handle, the same for me but with Mike. From one end of the parking lot to another was the race. it was dark and silent, so we were able to hear Peter countdown..

"1"

Jake and Mike gave each other the stink eye.

"2"

Lou and I were looking at each other squinting our eyes.

"3"

Mike hand on the cart tightened, so did Jake's.

"Go!!!" Peter shouted.

And it began, before I even realized it, Mike was already running, the wind hitting my face, the adrenaline rushing through my body, I felt free and alive. Looking at Mike, you could see he felt the same way,he had a smile on his face and his eyes were twinkling under the parking lot light.

Mike and I were enjoying the race with me shouting but Jake and Lou on the other hand, were shouting at themselves

"They're winning" Lou said sadly with a pout.

"Am trying!!" Jake shouted back.

"Well, try harder" Lou said crossing his hands.

Mike and I just laughed, we were in the lead. We could see Peter already. Out of nowhere Lou and Jake were beside us.

"How did you guys get here?" I asked. They just smiled back at me and the overtook us. I was already looking sad. We were so close to Peter and Jake and Lou were in the lead when Mike bent down and told me to hold on very tight, he then pushed me with so much force that I passed Lou and Jake. I passed Peter meaning I won but the cart wouldn't stop, I was heading for the wall.

Before impact, I was stopped by Peter who pulled me back, getting down, I hugged him immediately, pecking him on the cheeks. I then turned to Lou, sticking my tongue out I said. "We won". Mike and I then high-fived just to rub it in their faces.

Walking back to the car, we got in and saw that it was 3 in the morning, time does fly when  you having fun. The guys dropped me off at home, I had to direct them because they had never been to my place before. Realizing that there is school tomorrow, I internally groaned knowing that tomorrow wasn't going to go well because I am going to have little sleep. I didn't want to wake mum up so I decided to climb to my room with the fire escape ladder i installed last week, too tired to climb the tree. The guys watched me get inside my room, I waved at them and the went back to the front, I heard the sound of the car drive off.

Closing my window, I went straight to the bathroom, showered that's when I realized that I was still wearing Jake's clothes. I left my phone at his place too. I just went to bed, too tired to worry about anything.

I heard laughter coming from downstairs, checking the time, I saw it was after 7. I had slept through my alarm, deciding not to rush, I took my time to get ready. When I was finally ready, I went to check myself in the mirror. I might be a tomboy but I still liked looking good. I wore a ripped cream colored long sleeve crop top with a black short skater skirt pairing it with my heavy army black boots. My make up was very minimal as usual. I took my car keys, wanting to drive today and not ride because I was still too tired from lack of sleep. I need coffee I thought to myself. Before walking out of my room.

In the kitchen, I was kinda surprised to see the guys sitting on the table eating breakfast and laughing at something mom said, I just smiled. Entering the kitchen, the guys greeted me. I obviously ignored, coffee first. I  went to the shelf, took a mug, went to the coffee pot and poured myself a hot cup of coffee, too lazy to do anything else, I drank it black.

Sighing, I turned to the guys "Good Morning" I greeted. They all rolled their eyes. Except mum who answered. "Morning love, how was your sleep?"

"I would tell you when I get any". After breakfast, the guys and I left for school. The drive to school was boring because no one said a word, we were all sleepy except Lou who only God know how, was hyper.

We drove into the school's parking lot, all eyes on us as usual, you get used to the look after a couple of weeks. We entered the school door and went our separate ways to different lockers and different classes except Mike and I who have English together. I love English but is gonna be boring this morning because I hadn't had any sleep yet. Walking to the back of the class with Mike, we took our seat, mine by the window while Mike sat beside me.

"What a wonderful morning it is!" the teacher walked in smiling and happy. I groaned. I hated it when teachers were chirpy and happy in the morning, it annoys me. The class went on normally with mine and Mike's head on the table, until the teacher hit our tables causing an instant headache for me.

"What the actual hell!" I shouted.

"What was that for??" Mike shouted too. Both of us shooting death glares at her.

The teacher was shocked, "Uh, y-you were s-sleeping" she stuttered.

"So?? " I said still staring daggers at her.

"Nothing? "she asked and walked back to the front of the class and continued teaching. I couldn't sleep again.

The bell rang signaling the end of the class, everyone stood up, rushing to the next class but Mike and I sat still not in a hurry at all.

"I have Chem next " he said.

"I have Physics "I told him. We both stood up and went our separate ways.

"See you at lunch" I told him before walking off to class. I was for sure late but didn't care.

They rest of the classes went well and by that I mean the teachers didn't disturb me at all.

It's lunch, my favorite time because it's food time meaning Nutella time.