Chapter 29

I cannot thank you all enough for 3k reads. It means a lot to me. I really appreciate you all. I really hope you all are enjoying my book. Thank you for the love. ❤️

Love, Mo.
__________________

"Elly, come out!!!" I heard mum shouting through the door. I didn't have the strength to answer so I just kept quiet sitting on the floor and crying.

"Please come out" mum said again but so his time very calmly. I heard her sliding into the floor.

"We usually do this together, do not leave me alone today" she is going to start crying too.

Today is my dad's death anniversary and it always tears me down. I didn't sleep all night. I'm very sure my eyes are all swollen. I held onto my dad's picture and just cried. He never told us he had cancer, he just kept going on long journeys. Mum loved him so much and he knew it. He didn't want us to get hurt and so he divorced mum for no reason and left. It wasn't until he had collapsed at the office that we were called has his emergency contact that we got to know. We were so broken that period and we stayed with him until his last day.

"Please come out, I can't do this alone" mum said crying. I stood up and opened the door, I sat down beside her and held her as we both started crying again. We sat there for hours just crying. I miss him so so much.

It was evening now and mum was in the sitting room eating ice cream and watching sad movies. She always does that when she's so sad so she would have a reason for crying. I am in my room on my bed surrounded by my dad's pictures. I feel so guilty for being happy, for laughing when he's not there. He should be here. I stood up and left the room, climbing ground out of the window. I didn't leave any note for mum, I just left. I need to be somewhere else.

Mike's POV

I have been trying to call Elly all day, she's not been picking up. I hope everything is alright. I couldn't go to her house because I have been out all day with dad. I am on my bed about to call her again when I saw her mum's call. I sat up because her mum never calls me. Something is wrong.

"Is Elly with you?" I heard Jess ask frantically.

"No, what happened" I asked already do wearing my shoes and leaving the room at the same time.

"We lost her dad today, we have been home all day and I went to her room now to see she's gone, her window is open an she didn't leave a note. She always leaves a note. I am worried." Jess said. I am getting worried too.

"I would go look for her" I told her.

"Thank you" was the last thing I heard her say before cutting the call. I called the guys and told them, they too are going to be looking for her.

I was driving round the street when I remembered her favorite spot by the cliff. She took the guys and I there once. I quickly turned my motorcycle around and rode there.

I was so relieved when I saw her sitting by the cliff with a bottle by her side and a cigarette in her mouth. She's been drinking. I walked up to her and sat down beside her.

"I'm happy you here" she said looking at me and then looking straight at the water. I have never seen her this way before. She looks so broken. He eyes her swollen and read, obviously she's been crying and hasn't slept. I just sat there beside her knowing she would talk when she is ready. I do not want to push her.

"I still remember the day he took his last breath, my heart had literally shattered that day. Mum had gone to the cafeteria to get coffee for us, I sat by his bed and I held his hands. He looked at me and smiled very weakly." she began. I looked at her wanting her to continue.

"Always be happy, live your life to the very fullest and never regret anything, El, he said. I just nodded. I knew he was going and I just couldn't bear to talk much. I love you dad was all I could say and I stood up to hug him and kiss him on his forehead. I love you too he said and closed his eyes. That was when mum came in. She stood beside him and tapped his hands. He opened his eyes and looked straight at her. They just kept staring at each other and he closed his eyes again and we both knew he was gone. We would never see him laugh, dance his weird dance or smile. He was gone forever. I ran to mum and hugged her and we just kept crying into each other and we have been doing that every year on his death day". She looked at me and started crying again and I just broke down. I felt my heart tighten and I pulled myself closer to her and made up my mind there and then to never see her cry again. I would do anything to make sure she's keeps laughing all the time.

I just held her close to me as she cried. I hope she knows I am always going to be here for her. She stopped crying and we went home. When we got home, Jess was waiting for us by the door, she ran to meet and hug Elly immediately she saw her.

"Don't ever do that to me again" Jess shouted at Elly.

"I'm sorry mum" Elly replied sheepishly. We all went inside. Jess went upstairs to sleep after a while leaving Elly and I in the sitting room. I took Elly upstairs and laid her in her bed. I quickly removed pictures of I am guessing her dad from her bed and it in her side drawer before she sees it and starts crying again.

"Lemme go make coffee for you" I told her and kissed her forehead before leaving the room and going good to the kitchen. I called the guys and told them I found her and that she's home. They are on their way.

I was taking the two mugs upstairs when I saw her sitting on the stairs waiting for me. I walked up to her and sat beside her giving her the coffee. We just sat there looking at each other.

I love this girl so much. I thought to myself.

"I am always here for you" I told her looking straight at her so she knows I mean it.

"I know and I am happy about that" she said smiling but I knew they didn't were real because they didn't reach her eyes. I want her to be happy again and I am going to do that. I have an idea already.

I took the mug from Elly and went to wash it before we both went back upstairs. We were sitting here on her bed when the guys came in through the window. I sent them a text concerning the idea I had to make Elly happy again and they love the plan. We all sat down with Elly on the bed and played New girl for her, she always laughs when she watched that series.

She smiled here and there in some scenes and I was happy. I just hope by tomorrow she would be smiling again. I hate seeing her this way, so broken.

I hope she actually likes my plan because I am doing it just for her.
_________________
It's a short and sad chapter and I am sorry. 😔
I hope you liked it though.

Please so vote, comment and share with your friends. Thank you.

Love, Mo. ❤️