Chapter 4

A WEEK AFTER

It's been a week since the group messaging, I have been trying to ignore the guys, leaving class before others did and hiding out in the library, at the back. I haven't had much friendship experience. I only hung out with my parents growing up and I didn't hate it. So a bunch of people wanting to be my friends is a bit strange for me.

Today is Wed and I just finished a class which as always is boring so I decided to skip the next period and go to the roof to hang out low key so as not to be spotted by anyone especially the guys.

It's windy on the roof, wrapping my jacket on my body, I decided to stay in a corner and lick a lollipop to warm me up. I do that when an nervous, impatient or just cold.

20 minutes and 6 lollipops later, the door opens and I could hear people on the roof.

"Told you no one would be here" Pete said. I groaned inwardly.

"I know it's our spot, no one ever comes here", Mike said. I knew he would be rolling his eyes. I smiled and decided to be quiet. If they didn't know I was here, everyone would stay separate and I could stay in peace.

"Do you smell sweets" Lou said. Shit. I quickly threw the lollipop in my hand. Such a waste.

"Yes, I wonder where it's coming from. Someone else is here" Pete said. Dang it. I hope they don't find me. I hear them walk around and I'm sure they were looking for me. I really hope they don't--

"Found her, it's Elly" I groaned. Why me?

"Hey girl" Jake said smirking.

"Where have you been?" Lou asked

"I've been around" I said fake smiling.

"Wait, were you the one eating candy? "Mike asked.

"Yes, why?" I asked.

"Nothing, was just wondering"

"Can I have?" Pete asked. "Sure".

We all just sat down on the roof floor, ate all my candy stash, talking about how much we hated school.

Suddenly Jake asked, "Why have you been ignoring us?". "Yeah​, why?" they all said in unison again. I rolled my eyes.
"I haven't been ignoring you, just busy? " I hope they buy that.

"You so have, you leave class earlier than everyone else or you don't come at all" Lou said

"When I'm calling you in class, you either ignore or use earpiece to block me out I assume" said Mike.

OK so they didn't buy that. I contemplated lying to them or just telling the truth. I chose the latter. Sighing and rolling my eyes, "Truth is I like being alone, I have gotten used to being alone as an only child and having no friends so I'm not used to this whole been part of a group thing." They all looked at me nodding their heads looking sad like they had been rejected when I finished talking. So I continued, "but you guys seem fun, so..." they were looking at me expectantly, "I guess we can hang out more" I finished.

"Yes!!!!"

"Whoo!! "

"Finally". They all shouted with big grins on their faces and I smiled too.

"So you saying we friends now?" Peter said. No was what I wanted to say. But with the look on their faces, I didn't wanna disappoint them again.

"Yes, I guess so". Lou hugged me with a smiling face. I hugged back.

"I want a hug too " Pete said and joined the hug. Mike followed and so did Jake.

The bell rang signaling end of class and we all left the roof going back to our classes.

It's been 2 weeks now since the roof and we have been hanging out every day ever since seeing that we are friends now. I don't know when am gonna get used to having people around me constantly. It's been a while I had people I hung out with. But the guys have been cool, no regrets.

We always go to Jake's house after school because that's were the guys hang out most of the time before meeting me. Other days, we hung out at Mike's place or Lou's. It's been cool. Today we were at Mike's. I was playing fifa with Pete and beating him again. He never gives up even if he keeps loosing. When Lou shouted suddenly, "I have an idea!!!"

Everyone groaned because when Lou as an idea, it's always almost a stupid one. Lou smiled, "you guys are gonna love this one".

"Like you said we would love painting our names on the bike which was a stupid idea". I replied. "No, this is better, I promise".

"Okay, we're listening" I said.

"Let us have our own club house " Lou said. For a while we all kept quiet so as to process the information and the somewhat good Idea Lou just had. I guess it took us a while to answer because Lou was already looking disappointed.

"OMG!! Lou had a good idea for once" Mike was the first person to talk.

"I like the idea" said Jake.

I was skeptical, I literally just met this guys and having a club house with them seems like a commitment and a big deal.

"Uhm, I don't know about that. I just met you guys and that seems like a big commitment to make." I voiced my concern.

"But we have known each other for at least 3 weeks" Lou said.

"Exactly". I replied.

"Let's give it a try, we would have a place we can all hang out instead of going from someone's house to another, please " Lou said pouting. Well he has a point I thought to my self and I also have nothing to lose.

"Okay" I said. "Let's have a club house!!!!" I shouted. "Yes!!!" they replied.

"So it's a yes?" Lou was still in shock because no one ever likes his plan.

It was late and I decided to go home. Mom was watching TV when I walked in through the garage door. "Hello mom" I greeted pecking her on the cheeks.

"Hello love" mom replied. "How was your day and school?"

"It was fine, hung out with the boys today " I already told her about the guys and showed her pictures.

"How are they? " she asked.

"All good. We even decided to get a club house for ourselves to be hanging out."

"Really? That's actually a good idea. "

"Yeah​, it was Lou's idea" she was shocked, like I said earlier, every one knows Lou doesn't have good ideas.

"Wow, I'm surprised" she said. " We all were too" I replied. We were watching Brooklyn 99 now. After a while she said, "When you need money, just ask".

"Thank you mom, love you" I said.

So, let me tell you about myself. I come from a rich home, my dad before he died ran a multi-billion dollar company, Knight Tech. He left the company to me which I get to run when I turn eighteen and seeing that I am still 17, mum is the one running the company. She still works for another man because she always knew that my dad's tech company was his and she didn't know anything about tech but I do. Mum works in a big fashion company and checks up on the tech comp on weekends and when she gets the time on weekdays and I also check in from time to time. I can't wait to take over, I have always loved that company. Well now you know little about me.

After the episode of Brooklyn 99, and eating pizza with Nutella which is always life because we were to lazy to cook, I went upstairs, did my homework, checked up on the mails I got from my company and went to bed but not before a message came in from the group chat.

"We are going house shopping tomorrow"- L

"Ditching school?"- E

"Yeah" - P

"Yup" - M

"Alright, see you guys tomorrow"- E

After the messaging, I took my shower and went to bed. I am so excited about tomorrow. I couldn't wait.

_____________
A/N: The club house is going to be in the next chapter. Hope you all love this chapter. I kinda made it long. Love you all 😍