Sixteen

I woke up when Kian shook me.
"Rose. I'm bored." He pouted.

I rubbed my eyes.
"Have the nurses said anything else yet?"

"No, Jc's in surgery."

"What time is it?" I said, pulling out my phone, then realizing it's dead.

"Ten in the morning."

"I slept that long?"

He nodded. I sighed, running my fingers through my knotted hair.

"Rose, I don't think I should have moved away from Jc."

"I'm inviting him to live with us, hoping that'd be okay with you. If not, you can move out. No hard feelings."

He chuckled. "I definitely am okay with living with my besties." He said joking around.

"Have you heard from Madison?" I asked.

He nodded and showed me his phone.
Thirty Seven missed calls, one hundred and three unseen messages, two dm's one from her personal account and another from her finsta, and four snapchats.

"Kian, what if she needs something."

"She's been nothing but a bitch, and I'm not talking to her. If I talk to her she might trick me into thinking she's a good person, then I'll fall back in love with her, and I can't do that."

I nodded, understanding.
"What's going on with you and Jc?" He asked.

I squinted my eyes.
"I'm not really sure. I love him, he loves me, we kiss, we hold hands. I think we're together."

He nodded.
"I'm going home to get a shower real quick." He said.

"Bring my phone charger on your way back, and bring me some new clothes to change into please."

He rolled his eyes.

"And Kian." I stopped him, he came back towards me to listen.
"That includes bra and underwear please." He chuckled and continued to exit.

I was the only one here.
I couldn't believe I'm the only one who stayed here for Jc.
I understand why Sarah and Jackson aren't here, they're busy.

But the rest of them leave me in confusion.
Our group just keeps getting smaller and smaller, and maybe it's my fault, but it's whatever.

It's for the better.

I looked at the clock that was hard to read from my distance away from it.
Eleven in the morning.
Jesus, how long does it take?
Or maybe they just like to worry me.

I studied the paintings on the wall, I wished to paint that well.
I wished to sing, I wished to dance, I wished to have talent.
I wished to be so comedic like Jc.

Jc's like the person who warms you up when you feel like freezing to death, the one who can make you feel like a queen when you feel worthless. Jc's the sun on a rainy day, a ice cold coffee on a summer morning.

Any tumblr, or enjoyable thing you can think of makes me think of Jc.
Not even that, you could say "a slice of cheese" and somehow I'd think about Jc.

I have an obsession, not like a fan girl obsession, but the kind that's unhealthy.

"Caylen family?" The same doctor from earlier said, she let me back.

He was asleep, but I'd wait for him to wake up. No matter how long.

Kian came rushing back with my charger, I plugged my phone in.

"Some how people know Jc is here." Kian said.
The doctor.

I rolled my eyes.
"Well, they deserve to know."

I took a picture of me holding Jc's hand in his hospital gown.
Even though he's asleep, he keeps gripping tighter and tighter in my hand, smiles appearing at random times on his face.

Hey guys it's rose, I know many of you are probably worried about Jc but we will explain later. We hope Jc will be okay, most likely he will. We need all the love, prayers and support you can give to us. We'd like to think California hospital for all the hard work, xoxo rose.

I tweeted.

Jc fluttered his eyes.
"Hey baby." I smiled at him.

He looked around and pulled his hand out of mine.
"Who- who are you?"