Fourteen

I checked the time on my phone, that currently was on sixteen percent, because why would my phone be charged?

I'm aware, that a eighteen year old girl shouldn't sneak out at two in the morning with a mostly dead phone.
But to me, Jc is worth it.
Cheesy, I know.

I slammed the penny board along the road, which is illegal to ride here.
Oh well.

Kian and Jc's driveway is gravel so I had to put the penny board away, well Jc's driveway.

I know it's early, or late, whatever you considering two in the morning, but Jc wouldn't mind. I know he won't, he's always been here for me.
I'm here for him, he isn't himself. I want to fix him.

I knocked on the door and Jc opened it. He wasn't drunk, maybe a little high but it seemed to be wearing off.

"What the hel-, Charolette? What are you doing?"

"Can I come in?"

He ran his fingers through his hair as he moved out of the way.
"How did you get here?" He sounded tired.

"Penny board."

"You mean to tell me you fucking penny boarded on a highway at two in the morning."

I nodded.
"That's dangerous." He said in a pissy tone.

I saw the pack of cigarettes on his counter. "So is smoking." I opened the pack, found a lighter and lit one.

"Don't." He demanded.

I hate cigarettes.
I stuck it between my lips and inhaled.
Ew.

He clenched his jaw.
"You don't need to smoke." He said.

I smashed the end of it to put out the smoke, then took the next one, lit it and placed it between my lips.
"You don't either."

He pulled it from between my lips.
"fucking stop."

"Then throw them away."

"No."

I lit the next one, and began to inhale.
"Fuck!" He yelled, throwing the package onto the ground and stepping on it, smashing them all and placing it into the trash.

I smiled.
"Good boy."

"I'm not a dog, and if I was I wouldn't be a happy one."

"You need to stop."

"I've lost everything Rosie. You don't understand. I lost everything I have to live for. I don't care anymore."

"This is what I mean when I say you're depressed."

"I'm not depressed."

"Do you realize what you just said to me? You just told me you didn't see the need to live anymore!" I raised my voice, before realizing.

"You left me. Kian left me. My fans will leave me. My moms gone. Jaylyns god knows where. My dad doesn't talk to me. Jades gone, and I don't care. Madison hates me, but I don't care, I don't care about them anyways."

"Jc I love you."

"But I fucked you over already you don't need that I just make everything worse."

"No you don't."

"You couldn't even talk to me Charolette, you forgive me but forgetting is hard-"

"I know Jc. I didn't forget, but you can't control what Jade does." I moved closer to him and placed my hand on his.

"I love you too." He forced a small smile.

I didn't say anything, I didn't know what to say.

"Baby I miss you. I need you. I don't know what to do. I've been smoking, cigs and weed, I've been drinking. I can't get you off my mind."

"I miss you too, Jc."

"Will you give me one more chan-" I noticed a small pill container sitting on the counter next to a cup of water, the bottle opened and pills spilling from it.

I zoned out from Jc talking, and squinted my eyes as I looked.

"Jc how many of these did you take?" I looked, the bottle said take two, for adults.

The bottle had two left.

"I only took-"

"Don't lie to me Jc."

"Somewhere around seventeen."

Tears.
"JC WHAT THE FUCK!" I screamed and ran to him, quickly pulling out my phone.

Nine percent.
Kian.

"What are you doing? I'm fine."

"YOU ARE NOT FINE! JC YOU HAVE TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL!" I felt tears spill from my face.

He hugged me tightly and began crying too. "I wasn't thinking right I regret it."

"Ki- KIAN!" I said when he answered.

"Why didn't you just come across the hall?" He laughed.

"I'm at Jc's! Meet me at the hospital don't ask just hurry!" I said frantically.

"Charolette... I'm sorry."

"It's okay baby just come on." I said panicking, pulling on him and making our way to his car.

He looked as if he was having a hard time keeping his eyes open.

I held his hand all the way there, I kept squeezing it to make sure he was doing okay.

I told the nurses what happened and they got him a room as soon as we entered, but they wouldn't let me in. I couldn't quit crying, and my breathings become so hard for me that I might suffocate. My sobs filled the waiting room, everyone staring at me.

Kian walked in and ran straight over to me. "What the fuck is going on?" He said pissy.

"Jc took like twenty pills that could kill him."

"Why! What the hell?" He said, his voice cracking. He's going to cry.

"Because of us. We left him when he needed us."

"Jc's family?" Nurses came out.

"That's us." We said.

She gestured for us to follow her.