Luna Salvatore

I groaned at my alarm blaring beside me. Seriously, one day, just one day could it not give me a break?. I sighed in defeat and rolled over on my bed to slam my hand down on the alarm clock. Sometimes I didn't even realise my own strength as it crumbled to pieces on my bedside table. I sighed once again, I guess I knew what I was now saving up for...again.

I placed my feet down on the cold wood floor and rose from my bed. I made my way to my bathroom. I looked up into my mirror. My eyes widened in horror as I saw the bird's nest on the top of my head other wise known as my hair. I grabbed my brush and yanked it through my hair before getting in the shower.

I washed my hair with my favourite strawberry scented shampoo and conditioner. It didn't take long for me to be done in the shower. I turned off the shower and grabbed my towel wrapping it around me. 

I made my way out of my bathroom into my room to grab my clothes. Once I had decided on what I would be wearing I made my way into my bathroom and hung up my clothes on the back of my door on the silver hook. I turned to look in the mirror to see my blood red eyes looking back at me. I sighed and reached for my emerald green contacts. It was a sort of colour you didn't see a lot I did realise that but it was close to being natural and was the only colour that hid my eyes well enough. 

After drying my hair, straightening it and applying a little make up I was almost ready. I dressed into my black skinny jeans, plain red vest top with a black leather jacket and red converse. I glanced at my reflection in the mirror giving myself a once over before jogging down the hall and down the stairs.

As I reached the bottom step there was a knock at the door. I glanced around to see no one else there. I sighed.

"I'll get it!" I yelled down the hall as I made my way to the door. I opened the large wooden door and gasped.

"Uncle Damon!" I yelled as I threw myself at him.

Uncle Damon, being the type of guy he was had a glass of bourbon in his hand. He chuckled and wrapped his arms around me pulling me into a tighter hug. I pulled back with a smile on my face.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

He was smiling also, "I came here with your parents".

I was stunned at his reply.

"Happy Birthday Luna".

I turned around to face Stefan and Elena, otherwise known as my parents.

"Mom!" I yelled running to her and throwing my arms around her.

"Dad" I yelled once again as I pulled away from my mom and wrapped my arms around my dad.

I heard him chuckle like Uncle Damon had. I pulled away but I was still in his arms. He ran his hand through my hair.

"Gosh you look like your mom" he said and I smiled.

"That's a good thing Uncle Stefan".

I looked up to where that voice had come from to see my younger cousin Abby at the top of the stairs. She jogged down them and ran to my parents giving them hugs.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

I must of looked like a maniac smiling as bad as I was but at that moment I didn't care. 

"Like we were going to miss your sixteenth birthday" my mom said.

I felt someone place their arm around my shoulders and when I looked up I saw that it was my Uncle Damon.

"Gosh you do look like your mother" he said.

I laughed and finally looked at my mother properly. She could of been my twin even. The only difference was our eyes of course. Hers were these beautiful chocolate brown that I envied compared to my blood red ones.