Chapter 25-Suprise?

Uni's p.o.v

Cory and I got to the forest and continued down the path. Up ahead of us was yet another cave entrance. It looked dark in the cave. Once we got to the cave I grabbed the flashlight out of my backpack. We stepped into the cave.

The cave wasnt damp like most caves. But surprisingly the cave was very warm. As we continued walking deep into the cave it got warmer. Then we got to a path that split into three different halls.

"Which one do we take?" I asked.

"I don't know, how about that one?" Cory said pointing to the one on the left.

"Kay," I said shining the light to that one and walking to it. Cory followed behind me. We walked down the hall. It was getting even warmer now. Once we almost got to the end of the hall there was light coming from the end of the hall. It looked kinda like the light fire makes. We didn't really need the flashlight now. So I put it away.

When we got to the end we saw a room of flames and a girl standing in the middle. We stepped into the room. It was really hot in this room.the flames were almost to the ceiling. The room was basically just the cave but with flames.

The girl didn't seem to notice us. She was kinda short like Ashlie. She also had long red hair like Ashlie. She was wearing a long dress. The dress was made of flames. 

After about a minute she turned around. I then became very shocked and confused. The girl looked exactly like Ashlie. She has to be Ashlie! Or Ashlie had a twin sister!

"Ashlie!?"

"Uhh, hey Uni," she said.

"Nice to see you again Ashlie," Cory said smiling.

"You too Cory," she said back. I just stood there confused.

"Ashlie!" I shouted.

"Huh?" Ashlie said looking at me.

"Why are You out here?!"

"It's kinda my job..."

"Job!?"

"Yeah, That's what I said,"

"What are You Ashlie?" I asked.

"I'm a fire goddess,"

"You're a fire goddess and you didn't tell me!?!"

"I didn't think it was important," she replied.

"Oh, if you're a fire goddess do you happen to have a Phoenix feather?" Cory asked.

"I do have those," Ashlie said looking at Cory.

"Can I please have one?" He asked. Cory isn't usually this nice. Actually he is when he wants something. 

"Sure," she said. She then had flames come from here hands. And from the fire she made a phoenix feather. I started in awe. How have I not noticed that she is a goddess? I mean she's pretty good at hiding it.

"Here," she said trying to hand it to Cory. Cory didn't take it. It took Ashlie a second to realize that he couldn't really touch it. She then moved her hand and stopped it in front of me. I grabbed the feather and put it in my backpack.

"Thanks Ashlie," I said.

"You're welcome," she said.

"Well we should get going, we need to get back so we can mix this stuff." Cory said.

"Bye guys, have a safe trip, I'll see you later," Ashlie said.

"Bye Ashlie," we both said the went back to the hall we went down. We were about halfway through when something started cracking. I didn't have my flashlight out because Cory could see and was leading us out. Then suddenly the floor under us fell. We fell down with it.