Chapter 6-meeting monsters part.2

-later in the morning-

Tommy's p.o.v

I woke up from a great dream. I got out of my sleeping bag and got dressed into my yellow hoodie and jeans. I walked to the kitchen to get breakfast. My 'parents' were already at work. I wanted to explore again. I really felt the need to go into the basement. But that's a stupid idea,right? Actually I'm going down there. I walked to the stairs and took a deep breathe. First step,I don't know why I'm doing this. Second step,this is a bad idea. Third step,what am I doing. Fourth step,this is so stupid. fifth step,I'm going to regret this. Last step,just turn back. Basement level,no going back. 

I looked around it was really dark. I looked for a light switch but I couldn't find anything. I found a flashlight though. I clicked into on and looked around the basement. It was spooky. But I was not afraid,okay maybe a little. I walked around until I found this weird old looking closet. I walked up to it and tried to open it. It was locked from the inside or someone was holding it. Wait,someone could be holding it!? I quickly stopped pulling and started walking backwards. There was this knocking coming from inside the closet. My eyes widened as the noise got louder. As I was backing up I ran into something and fell. I was terrified. This reminds me of that one day at the orphanage. I was stuck in a closet,no one would help me out. The older kids stuck me in there. Plus it was storming really bad and was dark. I started crying. I was to scared to move. I then heard thunder. I curled up. Flashbacks flooding my mind.

I was in a corner shaking and crying. Why did I have to be alone? I was crying and shaking until I felt someone wrap me in a hug. It was comforting and the person was warm. 

"It'll be okay."they said hugging me. Their voice was extremely deep. It then hit me,they were a monster. But if they're a monster then,why are they hugging me?

"Are you a monster?"I asked. I was buried into the chest of this guy. After I asked that they tensed up.

"You are..."I said. I was a little afraid. Then the guy started crying. I got out of there grip and stood up. I looked at him. He looked around 16. He was pale and had brownish black hair,and a beard. He was wearing glasses also. I kneeled down next to him. He looked at me with his blood red eyes.

"You're a vampire?"I asked softly. For some reason I was being nice.

"Y-yeah."he said looking down.

"I-it's not a bad thing!" I said quickly trying not to make him upset.

"Why are you lying? You're obviously afraid of me,and to top that off you're a monster hunter."

"I....."I didn't know what to say to him.

"Uh w-what's your name?"I asked. He looked up at me with big eyes. And then he smiled at me,showing his fangs.

"I'm nick."

"Nice to meet you Nickolas." I said.

"I'm Tommy,if you were wondering. Which you probably weren't."I said.

"Nice to meet you too Thomas." I didn't know that monsters could be nice.

"Why were you in my basement?"I asked.

"Oh sorry about that,it's just well when I died I didn't know where to go. So I went to hide here because nobody had lived here in a long time. If I'm honest you are the first person I've seen in years."he said.

"How long ago did you...y'know....uh...die?"

"I don't remember,all I know was it was a very very long time ago..."

"Well,why don't we go upstairs?"

"I mean I guess that's a good idea."nick said.

"It's raining so there's no sun!"I said. Nick laughed in response.