Chapter 23-Careful

Uni's  p.o.v

Cory and i continued down the path. Up ahead there is a huge cave opening. We soon reached the opening and looked in. It was straight darkness. The cave looked cold and damp. I felt uneasy looking into the darkness. For grabbed my arm and led us into the cave.

We continued walking for a while until we heard loud scratching like noises. Cory's grimp on my arm got tight suddenly. I still couldn't see anything. But Cory could. I looked around and saw a pair of blood red eyes. I gasped in surprise. The eyes looked terrifying. 

Suddenly there was loud wind like noises. Then the whole cave lit up. The light revealed a huge golden dragon. I stared at the thing. Cory's grip got even tighter. He looked back at me fear covering his face. He then looked at the dragon. The dragon was doing something and hadn't seen us yet.

"We need some of it's blood," he whispered.

"Really? I was hoping we could just leave,"I said.

"Yeah no,"

"How do we get he blood?"

"There is no way we could kill that thing, but maybe it I distract it you can stab it and get some blood."

"Sounds good,"

"Get a jar and your knife ready,"

"On it," I said taking off my backpack. I looked through it while Cory went off somewhere. I grabbed a jar and my knife. Then I heard loud screeching type noises. I quickly zipped up my backpack and put it on. I had my knife in one hand and the jar in the other.

Suddenly Cory came running towards me, the dragon not far from him. Cory then stopped and turned around. Cory tried to get some hits in. Suddenly Cory was thrown by the dragon. Cory slammed right into a wall. He slid down to the ground. He must have been thrown pretty hard, he left a dent in the stone and he got knocked out. 

The thing was looking at Cory. Now's my chance. I ran towards it quickly. I got under the dragon where stabbing it would actually do damage. Where there weren't scales. I quickly stabbed into it. The thing screeched loudly. It hurt my ears a little. Blood started coming from where I stabbed. I put the jar up to the stab wound.

It took about ten seconds to get half a jar. I moved the jar when blood stopped coming out of the wound. I was a little confused. I looked at where the stab wound was. But there was no wound there. Oh right! Dragons can heal themselves!

I then remember I can't just stand here. I quickly closed the jar and put it away. I began running towards Cory. The dragon kept trying to attack me. Luckily I dodged all his attacks. I made it over to Cory and helped him up. I put his arm around my neck and mine on his waist. 

I began to run towards the exit. The dragon continued to try and attack me. Carrying Cory was making it hard to doge though. There was a small hill of gold and other shiny objects in front of the exit. I got over to it and rolled Cory to the other side. The dragon then swooped at me again. This time it got me. I got slashed right in the stomach. I fell down in pain.

The dragon was about to slash again but I moved out of the way. I pushed myself up. It hurt very badly but I have to get out before I can do anything about it. I ran up the small hill of items. I slid down the other side. I landed beside Cory's still unconscious body. I tried standing up but fell down. I held my stomach trying to stop the bleeding.

"Oh my," someone said. I looked towards the area the voice came from. It was Cory. He was awake and looking at the large slash on my stomach. He looked pretty worried. He rushed to me and picked me up.