Chapter 7- meeting monsters part.3

Jon's p.o.v

After the game with Ashlie,Uni,Tommy,and the new guys I decided to go look around the house. I got up and walked downstairs. I looked around but I found nothing really interesting. But there was a lot of stuff to explore upstairs. I know my parents left for work so I could even look in their room. But I probably shouldn't that's invasion of privacy! But before I explore upstairs I need my weapons. I walked into my room and looked where my weapons were. But when I looked over they weren't there. How did they disappear? Who keeps moving them? I didn't really know if I should stop looking around because I didn't have my weapons.

I decided to just go. I walked to the room where I found my weapons yesterday. It was storming out to. The loud thunder and lightning. I was afraid of storms a little. They remind me of horror movies. But as long as the lights are on I'm fine! I looked around the room,nothing I didn't notice before. But as I went to leave all the lights went out. The storm took out the lights. It was dark. I was terrified. I hate being alone in the dark. Actually I hate the dark even if I'm with someone else.

I started backing up into the corner. I sat down and hugged my legs to my chest and put my head down. Tears fell down my face. I was shaking of fear. I heard the floor creaking in the hall. I didn't dare look up. I don't want to see who's there. I heard the footsteps start walking towards me. I didn't look up or change my position,I just pushed myself more into the corner. The footsteps stopped right in front of me.

"Are you afraid of the dark?"the voice asked calmly. They had a deep calming voice.

"Y-yes..."I said muffled by my legs.

"I see..." the voice said. I heard them sigh then move a bit. Soon I felt someone's arms around me. I felt safe. They moved me onto their lap and turned me so if I looked up I'd see them. They moved me a bit so my head was on their chest. They started rubbing my back,I hugged them. They chuckled and hugged me back.

"I'm dawn."he said.

"I-m j-" I was cut of the lightning. I jumped a bit it reminded me of the darkness and the storm and I was afraid again. I started shaking.

"Shhh,it's okay. I'm here Jon. I'll keep you safe from the storm and dark." Dawn said rubbing my back. His voice was so calming so after he said that I was calm.

"Thanks dawn..."

"No problem...uh..."

"Jon,I'm Jon." I smiled looking up at him. But after I opened my eyes I was even more scared then I was when the lights went out. I quickly got away for dawn and scooted into the closet. He sighed and stood up.

"It was nice meeting you Jon..."dawn said as he headed for the door.

"How did I know this would happen?" I heard him mumble to himself. I felt bad now,he was helping me and when I saw him I hurt his feelings by being afraid. I judged him because he was a monster,I went off of what I heard about monsters. That's not right of me. I have to apologize. I got up and looked out of the doorway. I saw a figure heading towards the stairs. I ran out and hugged them from behind.

"I'm sorry Dawn!"

"Sorry?"

"Yeah,you were so nice to me but I saw you and stereotyped you."

"I mean it's what I was expecting..."

"Why? Have you delt with a human before?"

"No,but I can guess. I mean all humans hunt monsters so I was either expecting you to be scared or try to hurt me."

"So,you've been alone?"

"Yeah..."

"How long?"

"I don't really know,all I know is a very long time."

"Well I'm happy you found me!"

"Why?"

"Because you're nice and you'll be a great friend!"

"You think so?"

"Definitely!"

"Oh and Jon I hid your weapons yesterday and today."

"Oh that explains a lot!"

"They're in your closet."

"Oh..."

"Didn't think to look in there,did you?" Dawn said smiling.

"Nope." As I said that the lights turned back on.  I forgot they were even off. 

"Hey dawn,where do you stay in the house?"

"Normally in the closets."

"Is that uncomfortable?"

"A little,but I have nowhere else to stay or I'll be seen."

"You can sleep in my room. When my parents come in you can hide,and you can sleep in my bed with me."

"Me sleeping in the same bed as you?"dawn said blushing.

"Yeah! Don't worry my beds big enough for us each to have a side!"

"Oh..."

"What? What were you thinking my bed was like?"

"Uh no that's exactly how I thought of it!"

"Sure."I said smiling at him. He just stared at me with a blank face.

"Let's go to my room!"I said grabbing his wrist and pulling him into my room.

"I'm going to guess you like green."

"Yep!"

"Um dawn,could you teach me more about monsters?"

"What? Teach you about monsters? Why would you care?"

"Well,since you're my friend I want to know more about you!"

"That's nice of you to care."

"Oh and,do you want to go to the park with me and my friends? They're coming with their new friends so I was wondering if you'd like to come. And don't worry about other humans the park is  basically empty. So it's a great place to meet up. Oh and don't worry about my friends I won't let them hurt you!" I said smiling at the end.

"Why not?"

"Yay!"I said jumping up. After I landed I hugged dawn.

"Thanks dawn!"I said moving my head to look at his face. He looked down at me and smiled.

"Jon?"

"Yeah?"

"Why are you so nice to me?"

"Because you were nice to me!"

"Really? You call comforting you being nice? I was just doing what anyone would do."

"You comforting me even though you knew I probably would freak out when I found out you were a monster means a lot. It means that you put others before yourself!"I smiled up at him. We were still hugging. 

"Thanks Jon."

"You're welcome dawn!" We broke the hug and I brought Dawn over to my mattress. It was my old mattress from my old bed. It was a one person bed. I sat down and moved over. I tapped the spot beside me to signal to dawn to sit down. He understood and sat down. I grabbed the book about monsters and gave it to dawn.

"Can you tell me what's true in this book? And what species you are?"

"Sure."dawn smiled warmly and opened the book. He started reading and I listened. I learned that he was a robot monster. I felt myself getting tired as he read. I put my head on dawns shoulder and fell asleep. I can't wait for the others to meet dawn.