Chapter 15-The fifth object

-after taking a break and walking for a while-

Cory's p.o.v

We decided after our break to just keep down the path. I saw up ahead another clearing. There were also a lot of flowers in that clearing. There was a cherry tree beside a pond near the middle of the clearing. From what I could see the clearing was kinda small. But the feature that stood out the most was all the butterflies. The next object I need is butterfly wings.

As soon as we got into the clearing, the butterflies.....multiplied? The butterflies were a lot smaller now but there were tons of them. Uni and I stood there looking at them.

"What's our next object again?" Uni asked. I sighed and answered.

"Butterfly wings..." his face was a bit shocked.

"We can't kill a butterfly Cory!"

"I know,"

"Plus how would we even catch one?"

"I don't know," we continued walking until we got to the cherry tree. The butterflies swarmed around us. I put out my hand hoping I can get one fast so we could get moving. A butterfly came near my hand. It was green and blue with black outlines. It had tiny hearts in black on the coloured parts. Uni looked over at me as the butterfly landed on my hand. It didn't take me long to  to remember that some living things I touch die because of me being a demon. Soon the butterfly became limp. I started panicking. I killed it! I didn't mean to kill it like that! Uni looked a little scared.

"Uhhh,oops?"

"Cory! You killed it! How did you even-?"

"I'm a demon, I can kill some things that are fairly weak."

"Whatever, we got what we needed. Let's get going!" Uni took the butterfly out of my hand and put it into a jar. He put the jar in his backpack. We continued walking down the path. 

Nick's p.o.v

We made our way to yet another clearing. The clearing was quite similar to the other clearing we saw. The differences were that there were tons of butterflies in this clearing and the tree was a cherry tree  instead of a willow tree. And there was a pond.

We walked towards the butterflies. The butterflies surrounded us in a circle. Tommy looked a little weirded out. I mean it is quite unusual for butterflies to naturally surround people. There were way more butterflies appearing. What in the world?

I noticed what a few of the butterflies looked like. One was purple and red with light gray designs on it, another was blue and purple with black designs, and the last one I really payed attention to was red and yellow with orange designs.

The red and orange butterfly pasted by Tommy. Tommy seemed to look  at it and then he jumped at it. It flew away a little but not out of his reach. Tommy chased after it. He kept jumping at it and lunging at it. He did this for around 3 minutes until he yellled at me to help.

"Vampire boy! Come help me!"

"Why should I?" I asked smiling.

"Because I'm doing this for you, so you can be human! So you should help!" I chuckled and began walking over to where Tommy was. I was purposely walking slowly.

"Could you be any slower?!"

"I can actually,why? Do you want me to be slower?" I asked smiling. He growled a bit. I laughed and walked faster. When I got to where he was he jumped again and...actually caught it? Wait...nope! he missed. I laughed again,he just grumbled angerly.  Tommy was laying on the ground because when he jumped at the butterfly he fell. I helped him up and then the butterfly pasted us again. Tommy took a deep breathe and stood still. The butterfly got closer to him in a taunting way. But when it got really close tommy grabbed it. I think the poor thing got so startled it died from that.

"Good job butterfly killer!"

"Yeah yeah,whatever vampire boy." I laughed at my new nickname tommy gave me. He smiled at me and pulled a jar out of his backpack. I carfully placed the dead butterfly into the jar and closed it. He put it in his backpack and we went back to the path. We kept heading down the path.

Dawn's p.o.v

We made our way to another clearing. It was basically the same as the other clearing we had been in. Except in this one there were tons of butterflies. Was it normal for so many butterflies to be together? It's just a little odd. There so many of them. 

The butterflies were in a circle around Jon and I. They were very pretty. I've never seen butterflies like this before. They looked magical. But I mean they most likely are if they're in this forest. But one butterfly caught my attention. This butter fly was Aqua blue and green with tiny black hearts on it. That same butterfly flew over to Jon's face and landed on his nose. He giggled at the butterfly. I started at the scene in front of me and laughed a little.

The butterfly landed on Jon's hand. The things wings were fluttering a bit. I walked over and Jon put the butterfly on headphones. I put my hand up and it climbed on it. The butterfly suddenly had this bright purple glow then it died. What? Hold up! What the heck was that?! Did I just kill it?! Jon and I both looked shocked. He turned towards me.

"I didn't mean to kill it!" I said.

"I know you didn't,"

"What? But it died in my hand."

"But you didn't do anything to kill it so it's not your fault."  The butterfly's body was still in my hand. Jon got a jar out and took the dead butterfly and put it in the jar. He put the jar away and we continued to walk down the path again. The sun was starting to set though. We should set up camp at the tree Line.

-night time-

Cory's p.o.v

Uni and I set up camp beside the path. We had eaten and had something to drink. We already set up our tent and sleeping bags,which were in the tent. We were sitting by the fire just telling a few stories. I finished mine and looked over at Uni for a reaction but nothing happened. I could hear small snores. Guess he fell asleep. I walked over to him and picked him up. 

I placed him in his sleeping bag and then went back out of the tent to put out the fire. I finished putting out the fire quickly then went back into the tent. I laid in my sleeping bag not being able to fall asleep yet. I closed my eye and lens again hoping it would work this time. I then felt someone pull me into a hug. They were warm which would probably help me sleep.

"Having trouble sleeping?" Uni asked quietly. I nodded my head and he sighed. He rubbed my back and sung a lullaby. I soon fell asleep.

Nick's p.o.v

Tommy and I set up camp a little off the path. We had our tents set up and our fire was going. We already had food and a drink. We decided to cook s'mores for fun. I don't remember the last time I had one of those. Tommy was roasting two marshmallows right now. He was also eating one. I laughed at the sight. He finished bother the marshmallows and turned towards me. I grabbed two gram crackers and chocolate. I placed them together then tommmy moved the stick the marshmallow was on and put in between a cracker and chocolate. I pushed the gram cracker and chocolate together so the marshmallow was in between. I did the same process again and handed one to Tommy. He took a bite and smiled.

"So good," he said with his mouth full.

"Don't talk with your mouth full Thomas!" I said making my voice sound more girlie.

"Whatever mom." Tommy said. We laughed and I ate mine. The s'more tasted so good. We called it a night after s'mores and put out the fire. We went into the tent and got into our sleeping bags.

"Goodnight,vampire boy," Tommy said.

"Night,butterfly killer," I said back. Then I fell asleep.

Dawn's p.o.v

Jon already fell asleep after dinner. I hadn't moved from  my place near the fire yet. Jon was laying his head on my shoulder. I enjoy this environment. The fire cracking and the moonlight shining down on me. The warm breeze of summer. It was nice. Reminds me of when I was human. I decided it was time for bed so I picked up Jon and walked over to the tent. I placed him down and putt out the fire. I went back in and got into my sleeping bag. Jon was whimpering in his sleep so I loved my sleeping bag closer and hugged him. I rubbed his back and it seemed to calm him down. As I was about to fall asleep I heard a small "thank you" from Jon. I smiled and fell asleep.