Chapter 3-Dawn's death

Dawn's p.o.v

I was visiting my grandparents in the old town my family used to live in. My old house was now abandoned. I was in the forest near my old house,it was quite there. I was just reading my book. 

I'm not like a lot of teenagers,I'm different but that's good. Being different isn't bad I honestly think it's better to be different. I was peacefully reading my book until I heard a breathing behind me. I quickly got up and walked away from the tree and looked at it. Something slowly crept out from behind the tree. 

It looked horrific,it had sharp claws and pitch black eyes. It started walking towards me as I backed up. I was never afraid of things but this was making me afraid. I've heard of monsters before but I didn't think they were this terrifying. This thing kept getting closer. What was it going to do to me? Like I don't know the answer to that. It's probably going to kill me with it's sharp claws.

It then lunged at me and tackled me to the ground. I started struggling to get out of its grip but it was no use. I was going to die,I was disappointed at that fact. I thought I would get to be at least somewhat successful like my brother. But that's not what's going to happen,I will never be successful. 

I was 17 and already going to die. This thing raised it's boney arm and slashed at my face, my face felt like it was on fire. I felt blood dripping down my face. The pain was horrible but I knew this was the most unpainful thing it was going to do to me.

It looked at me and I saw a flash of sadness in it's eyes. So it's true,when monsters start to become human again they start feeling emotions again. I had learned a lot about monsters from my family when I was younger. I learned what has to be done to turn back into a human and some different types of monsters. They're are quite a few types but I've only been taught a few,like a vampire,a cyclops,a demon,a robot,and a claw. Yeah a claw,that's what's attacking me. 

My mom wasn't kidding when she said these things were scary. Of course my mom only saw monsters in old books. But me,i get to see the real thing. And I can tell you,they're way scarier in person.

The thing scratched me again in my arm,the pain was worse this time. But I already knew what was going to happen. The more it hits me the more painful the hits get. I mean I was always told to stay out of the forest,that someday something will get me. I never listened,guess I should have. I also knew how you can become a monster,for example the way I'm dying I'll probably become a monster because I'm being killed by one. 

But that's not the only way to become a monster,there are many ways but as I've said before I only know a few. Another way is you were born a monster or you were cursed. 

The monster then slashed my leg. I learned of you don't show pain the thing makes your death faster. I really hoped the not showing pain thing was true. It the slashed me again across the chest making it hard to breath. 

I felt  pain and my body felt like it was on fire. I felt like I was drowning because of how much I was crying. I wasn't screaming or yelling even really moving,but I was crying. I mean if you were in this position you'd be crying like a baby too. The thing then spoke.

"I am very sorry..."

"I get it,you just wanted freedom,I'm happy I could give it to you"I smiled at him. He started becoming more human looking. My vision was fading,the last thing I heard was this.

"You are to good,I'm sorry it had to be you. You would've been a very successful man. I am sorry...." then everything faded and I heard nothing. Not even my breathing,probably because I wasn't. I died at age 17.

-3 days later-

My eyes fluttered open as I saw the sun's rays coming through the tree leaves. I sat up and looked around. My body hadn't been moved. I knew I had to go somewhere. I couldn't go back home,but I could live in my old house. I looked at the tree I sat at 3 days ago and started walking straight. I soon reached the edge of the forest. I ran to the fence of my old house and climbed over it. I went to my backdoor and slid it open. I walked in and closed it. I went up to my old room and looked around. I saw my old mirror that I left.

I walked up to the mirror and saw that I was a robot monster. I had aqua highlights all over my body and some white highlights too. I had my headphones back on. I dropped them during the struggle against the monster. I wonder how long it'll take for someone to find me. I also wonder if they'll help or like people would probably do they'll try to hurt me. How long do I have to wait....?