Chapter 19-The emerald tree

Cory's p.o.v

Uni and I reached a clearing with a huge tree in the middle of if. The tree was very magical looking. It had a huge emerald in the middle of the trunk. There were vines and flowers surrounding the emerald. There were also lines of pieces in front of it so no one could take it. There were also vines hanging off of  the tree. But none of the vines led all the way up.

In the clearing there was a bunch of flying bugs like butterflies but the butterflies wings glow. There were also flowers that were glowing. Very strange. I'm Pretty sure these things aren't supposed to glow but then again there's this thing called magic so I mean.

Uni and i continued walking in the path that led to the tree. As we got closer the tree got bigger. How are we even supposed to get the leafs? There so high up on the tree. I really don't like climbing but I'll probably have to. Once we finally got to the tree I spoke up.

"So I'll climb the tree," I said.

"What should I do?" Uni asked.

"Umm, How about You look around the trunk and see if you can find anything?" I suggested.

"Okay," he said. I nodded and started climbing  a vine. I had to climb several vines and almost fell a few times. I finally made it to a branch. I climbed onto the branch. The leafs were all the way at the end.

I crawled over to the leafs. I sat down on the branch and leaned forward to grab some. I grabbed some leafs and put them in my pocket. I went to go back but slipped. I almost fell but I caught onto the branch. I was only hanging on by my hands. I let out a loud screeching noise. It caught Uni's attention. He looked up at me and he looked worried when he saw I was very close to falling.

"Hang on! I'll come get you!" He yelled up.

"No don't!" I yelled back. But I was too late. He was already climbing up. He was climbing very fast. I was worried he was going to fall. He made it to the branch and carefully crawled over to me as fast as he could. He grabbed my hands and pulled me up. We got back to the trunk and climbed down.

"Thank you so much," I said after we got to the ground.

"Be more careful!" He yelled at me.

"You could have gotten hurt!" He yelled. I now noticed he was crying.

"Im sorry Uni, I didn't think it'd worry you so much, I'll be more careful." I said hugging him. He began to calm down.

"Please be more careful,"

"I promise I'll be more careful, okay?" I said. After he recovered I gave him the emerald leafs and he put them in his backpack. He also showed me a sapphire he found. That's odd. Very weird to find a sapphire with emeralds. How did it even get here? I guess that doesn't really matter. We went around the tree and continued down the path. I didn't know Uni cared so much.

Nick's p.o.v

Tommy and i walked down the path. We soon reached a clearing but it was shadowed by trees. In the middle of it there was a huge tree. The tree had vines and flowers all over the trunk. And there were tons of flowers in the clearing. Some of the flowers glow so it lights up the area a bit. There were also fireflies all around in the clearing. 

The leaves looked like they were made of emerald. Some had fallen but were now useless. The only ones that'd work are on the tree. Which means I have to climb it. Or Tommy has to climb it.

"That looks So cool," Tommy said.

"I know right," I replied back.

"Do we need anything from it?" Tommy asked.