Chapter 1-Cory's death

Cory's P.o.v

I ran and ran and ran. I could hear my heartbeat getting faster as he chased me with his knife. I hid but he found me. I kept running. I couldn't stop running or he'd catch me.I ran until my legs collapsed. Sadly it was at the worst time. He came closer running his knife down his arm.

"This'll be fun!"he said stabbing my leg. I let out a loud scream as tears fell down my face.

"Shh it'll only hurt for a while"he whispered. I was terrified but I knew I wasn't getting out alive. The guy got down on his knees and stapped me in the arm. I could see the guy much more clearer now. 

I now relized he was a monster. He was one of the monsters we were taught to be afraid of. We were told they were dangerous killers.And if we weren't careful someday we may run into one. Guess I wasn't careful enough. 

And legend says it if a monster kills you,you become a monster and they become human. Looks like I'll be a monster. But legend also says there are more solutions to becoming a human again than just killing a human,it says if a human loves you or helps you then you become human again.

"I think you'll look better with one eye" he said. I aimed his knife up with my eye and stapped. I screamed while tears fell out of my one eye. I could feel the blood dripping down my face. He stapped me in the stomach again and again.

All I felt was pain. Why wasn't I dead yet. I was starting to feel cold. I was only 16 and was dying. Heh and I thought falling hurt. Now I know what pain really feels like. There is no way I could do this. But there's no way anyone would help. Anyone would....love. Nobody likes monster they would take one look and shoot.

Looks like I was right. Alone forever. I knew nobody would even notice if I was gone. Only my parents and few friends. I wonder if you age as a monster. Probably not. I wonder how they choose what kind of monster you will be. Maybe they make you the same type of monster as the monster that killed you.

I was snapped out of my thoughts from another stab in my left leg. Then another in my right arm. My vision was starting to fade. I sure wasn't ready to die. I didn't think I'd die this fast I thought I'd at least die at 22. But no I'm dying at flipping 16.

"I-I'm sorry..."he said his voice becoming more human.

"It's okay... I understand"I said sounding like a monster, my voice becoming deeper. I smiled at him and closed my eye. I headed him start crying. I reached for him and hugged him. And then I died.

-3 days later-

I awoke in the forest with blood all around me. I got up. What monster am I? I walked to a lake and looked at my reflection. I had horns and my stapped eye was a camera. And my once blue eye was purple. I sighed and walked around the forest. I knew I couldn't go back home.

I would now have to be alone forever. I mean I already guessed that but I thought I'd at least feel more happy. But I really don't feel anything. I feel numb, no feelings. I guess that's what happens when your a monster. And it'd explain why that guy didn't feel bad until he was becoming human again. Well where to hid out. I looked around and saw a cabin.

 I walked into the cabin, it was really nice. But nobody lives there so I could stay there. It had 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. It was quite....um.....nice? I guess. It was quite a big place. It was basically a house made out of wood in the forest. Well I'll see how long I'll have to be a monster...