Chapter 37 [The Warning And The Yes]

Alex's POV

I'm in a call with John on my laptop. "Goodmorning John, where are you right now?"

"At a hotel. I'm going to the hospital soon. I wanted to see mom on my own first." He explained, "How are you doing babygirl?"

"I miss you."

"You sound like a love struck highschooler." He laughed a bit.

"Hearing your voice makes me fall in love all over again."

"Jesus, Alex, is that even you? Why not go have breakfast with Laf and Herc?" He says.

I frowned, "Don't you want me talking to you?"

"I do, but I don't want you worrying about me too much." He says.

"Why not? I'm your boyfriend I worry about you." I say, and damn it felt good saying it!

"...I'm not that worth it." He mumbled on the call.

"What?"

"Nothing, anyway, I need to go. Love you. See you. Stay safe." He says fast enough.

"I—" He ended the call. "Love you too." I mumbled.

Am I getting in his way? I just wanted to cheer him up. I turned to Lams who still has been chewing on John's hoodie. "Wanna eat breakfast with us?"

She just stared at me. I'm taking that as a yes. I carried her and she dropped the hoodie whimpering wanting it back or wanting John's presence back.

"It's okay. He'll be back sooner." I say as I walked out of John's room, scratching her ears.

Laf was already cooking breakfast.

"Alex, do you have classes today?" Herc asked putting his hands on his hips.

"Well, yeah." I say.

"Can we talk for awhile in private?" Hercules asked. I put Lams down and she immediately ran to Laf and sat down, wagging her tail, waiting for her food.

"Sure." I shrugged.

I followed Herc into Laf bedroom. He kept his voice low and his tone serious. "Opening The Door To Let Love Inside

Will Bring Both Joy And Nowhere To Hide

It Can Give Happiness And Belief

But Can Also Give Agony And Grief."

I raised a brow at him, "I thought this is serious?"

"It is, Alexander." I cringed at my name. He's serious. But what the fuck is this all about? It's just some silly riddle.

"What's it about?" I asked.

He avoided my gaze and say, "I can't say."

"If this is a joke stop shitting with me." I laughed a bit.

"I'm not joking." He walked out of the room and I followed. What's up with him? Ever since yesterday night he seemed uneasy with me, or uneasy about something.

What is it?

•••

Theodosia's POV

It's super early. By super early, it's ten am and that's too early.

"C'mon princess! Get up! Les' go!" Aaron says.