Chapter 14 [Elijah To Eliza]

Alex's POV

My eyes opened to see Hercules leaning on the door. I immediately sat up, "How long were you waiting for me?"

He shrugged, "Not long, Laf just texted me to go to their dorm for breakfast. Also, why are you sleeping on the floor?"

A blush crept into my face from embarrassment and threw the blanket and pillow on the bed. Herc's eyes widen and immediately closed it, "May my eyes be washed with holy water!"

I realized I slept with my boxers only and glared at him still blushing, "Stop being dramatic and get out of my room."

He went out of the room texting Laf, probably about praising Jesus or Holyness. I grabbed my pants and the sweatshirt I wore earlier. I tied my hair into a messy bun and got out of my room and walked to the bathroom and did my usual morning routine.

Finished, I saw Herc smiling like a goof at his phone. I coughed for him to notice my presence.

"Let's go."

He said and put his phone inside his back pocket of his shorts. I followed him and he closed the door behind us. While walking to John's and Laf's dorm, we talked.

"Alex, why are you sleeping on the floor?" He asked.

"I'm not used to sleeping on the bed." I said, sheepishly.

"You need to sleep on the bed though." He said as he knocked on our friends dorm. We were greeted with Lafayette's genuine smile, "Good morning!"

"Hon, it's 11:34am A.K.A. Lunch." Hercules said smiling meekly and kissing Laf's cheek causing Laf to surpass a smile. I smiled a bit awkwardly at the couple and spoke, "John still doesn't know you're a thing right?"

"Oui, Alex." Laf said, still smiling.

We all went in, I saw John sitting on the sofa bed, wearing the samd thing he wore earlier. He smiled at me. I felt my heart thump but I averted my gaze off him and focused my eyes on the kitchen table. Lafayette closed the door behind us and he gestured to the table saying, "I learned a new recipe! Blueberry waffles!"

"Dang, if you're a mom you would be amazing Laf." I laughed a bit.

Laf shook his head, "Hercules is the mom friend here."

"Agreed." Hercules said grabbing four or three waffles on the table.

"Oi! Spare some for us!" Lafayette pouted and began arguing (more like flirting) with Hercules. I felt a tap behind my shoulder, I met John's hazel eyes. My body jolted away from him, surprised.

"Chill. It's not like I'm going to murder you." He laughed.

"Have you, um, eaten breakfast?" I asked, how could he act so normal after that kiss yesterday? Bullshit. It's so wrong to fall in love with this asshole. I felt my hand forming into a fist.

"Yeah, I did. I suggest you eat before Hercules eats all of the waffles." He said and he heard his phone buzz in his pocket. He answered it and walked away from me. I went to the table grabbing a plate and two waffles.

"Laf where's the chocolate syrup?" I asked, scanning the counter. Lafayette looked at me and grabbed the chocolate syrup inside a cabinet tossing it to me, which I caught with my spoon falling on the floor.

"Looks like we have a female visitor." Hercules said looking at the spoon and stuffing a whole waffle into his mouth. I raised a brow at him while pouring syrup on my waffles, "How did you know?"