Chapter 12 [I Liked The Quiet]

Alex's POV

"Y-you're back early." Hercules told Lafayette, his eyes wide.

"Oui, what's with all the tension in the air?" Lafayette said waving is left hand in the air. I looked at John who shrugged and said, "Nice to have you back in like two or three days lol."

"Lol?" Lafayette said questionably.

Hercules laughed a bit and wrap his right arm around Lafayette's waist, John gave a puzzled look. Hercules spoke, "It's a slang a shorter word fo—"

"What the actual fuck is wrong with Americans and their language." Lafayette grumbled, he seemed to lighten up the mood with some jokes here and there, "Anyway, mes amies, what's wrong?" We stayed quiet for awhile then, John spoke looking down at the floor playing with his fingers, "I used Alexander in... some cases... and we're starting over and, um, I'm—"

"Gay." Hercules finished. John looked up and gave him a glare. Lafayette closed the door behind and sat on the floor, "Huh. Unexpected. But Johnnn we love and accept you! Don't forget that okie?"

John gave a small pained smile, sadness shine through his eyes. Probably guilty over what he did to me. He used me and took advantage of me when I was drunk after all.

"As I was saying, my dad called and told me that he needed some
money for" John paused, "my sibling's school supplies..." It sounded like a lie. He showed uneasyness and he looked uncomfortable when he talked about himself or is he nervous all the time? Why am I drawn to this boy. I hated his voice, it was so intoxicating and I wanted more of it. I wanted him to say my name too especially when I hear the southern twang in his voice. I'm falling so damn hard for him and I hated every single second, minute, hour, day, knowing that I'm starting to fall in love with someone who hurted me from the start. It seems... abrupt.

"Thanks man." John smiled at Lafayette. I must've zone out again, I should stop that, I don't want to do that in class, if I did, I might fail.

"No probeléme at all." Lafayette smiled.

•ONE HOUR LATER•

The night ended well, I could say that at least. Me and John decided to put those stuff that happend to us way back but I doubted we could be the same. He knows I like him, does he like me back? That doesn't matter now, what matters is that things will never be the same. Things will never be like before. It was a stupid decision but I wanted to give it a try. I was in my room now starring at the ceiling, for once, I didn't want to write for now. I wanted to disappear. No. Not that disappear that I want to die, more like, I just want to watch and observe things. I shifted my position on my bed when I hear someone closed the door. Probably Hercules catching up with Lafayette for the past two days they didn't hang around.

I know that things will be impossible to forget especially what me and John been through—shit, why is John in my mind? Always. Especially his voice. I wanted to hear his voice. I sighed and blinked. What had gotten into my first year college? I decided to go to sleep but I couldn't.

John's POV

Things are not okay. I was thankful enough that Lafayette gave me more than two hundred dollars for my sibling's school supplies more like for my mom's doctor check up and her medicine. I didn't want them to worry too much about me. I remember that time when my sister, Martha, died and I told them. They check up on me asking if I was okay for more than ten times a day. It was pretty annoying since I get to remember my sister's last moments with me which I won't speak about. Next thing to problem was, I'm a dad. It's funny how much stress I'm in. I wanted to go end it all but for my friend's sake, I'll stay alive. Not to mention, Lafayette spent a lot of money for some turtle exhibit that I was dying to go to. My friends did a lot of crap for me when I was down but I can't rely on them like always. Who's always there for me when I needed money? Lafayette. Who's always giving me advice and making sure I look good in clothes? Hercules Mulligan. Who's always making good food and make sure I won't starve myself when I mourned for my sister? Lafayette. I still haven't gotten over her death.