Chapter Forty- Unwritten and Unsaid

Wiping a tear from her eye, Evelyn felt the strong arms of her husband wrap around her stomach as she embraced him. Moving to kiss her, Marcus pulled back upon feeling her cheek wet and realizing she had been sad. For a moment, he had analyzed her-careful that she was not injured somehow, but when finding she was in perfect shape, he caressed her cheek.

"I worry so deeply for you...I would offer my life if it would mean somehow taking that pain from you."

"You have always been so kind to me...always so sweet. I feel as though I do not deserve it. The life I lived before-"

"Is what made you who you are. I love you, Evelyn. I do not care of who you were with, I care now that you are with me. That I can call you my wife-a privilege that I will not relinquish to anyone. Even God himself."

Unable to hide the tears, she covered her face as she began to sob and he took her into a tight embrace as her arms then wrapped around his.

"I never expected to feel this way...to feel safe." She spoke against his chest as he released the strength in his hug before then just holding her in place with his arms settled on her waist. "I had been taught to not believe in love...a sin...when the real sin is to deny such a beautiful thing. You have offered me something that I can never repay you for-"

"I will never ask anything of you-"

Bringing her fingers to his mouth, she gently placed her middle finger and pointer finger on his lips. "I recall everything...I see how you truly care for me above any other soul. I am confused as to why I have gained such an honor...but I want to thank you."

"You do not have-" Before he could be a gentleman about his reward, his shirt was removed from his body and her lips were upon his. In such a way that was more sweet than carnal, he slid his hands down her shoulders and ceased at her waist.

"I believed you found my touch repulsive..."

"Not your touch...the thought of another's..." Not specifying, she regained her kissing stance before he set her against the nearby wall as she took hold of the base of a candle holder. Moving her neck to be more accessible, Marcus placed thick kisses upon her neck as he clawed at his bare skin. When coming up for air, she found him to turn her around so her back was now against his. Plainly to torture her, Marcus drew his fingers from her ankle to her thigh and gently pushed on a sensitive part of her leg between her hip and thigh, making her writhe with lust. When standing tall, Marcus then slowly untied her corset and watched as it fell to her feet before sweeping her into his arms and setting her on the bed nearby.

Taking dominance by being positioned on top, Marcus brought Evelyn's leg to his sides as she held onto him for dear life and felt his growing arousal pierce at her hip. Acknowledging it with a grin, he then applied vicious kisses upon her chest before pulling down her gown that had been see through in the lights that surrounded them. Sucking on her chest as she grew lustful by clawing him, his lips then moved to her leg as he made his way between her thighs and her back arched upon contact. Her fingers slid through his hair as her legs were placed over his shoulders and her other hand pushed on the wall behind her head, as she had nothing else to grab. Just before reaching her satisfaction, Evelyn pulled herself on top and pulled the gown up to gain access. Pulling at his belt, she then removed his bottoms and positioned herself properly before rocking back and forth. Her lips gently came open as she set her head back and her hair fell to the bed, scraping against the sheets as well as his legs as she moved with each thrust. Evelyn's fingers were cemented in Marcus's shoulders as his hands were firm on her hips, rocking her with him until he could no longer conceal his moaning. His forehead rested on her chest as he then threw her down near the other end of the bed and placed one hand to hold himself up and the other on the wooden structure of the bed, forcing it to gently creak with each movement. Gripping it harder and delivering delicious thrusts into her, Evelyn groaned to him as they both grew slippery with perspiration and close to their finish. Rocking back and forth, gripping each other's skin- they finally expired in unison as he then fell to her side. Looking to one another with heavy breathing, they both chuckled before Marcus pulled her face towards him.