Chapter Twenty Seven- Strategic Love

It would be twenty four hours until Evelyn and Marth would be bound in holy matrimony by the King's closest priest and several of his friends from his time at the castle previously. Evelyn was unable to calm herself as she was brought dresses from all corners of every kingdom as every seamstress desired for Evelyn to wear on of their dresses. They ranged from simple to gaudy and even varied in colors. Aside from this, the flowers were chosen by the King as he decided on simple red roses from his own garden. The food was being slaughtered as she spoke to the King of the invitation list, that had been sent out a week prior with half of the responses already. Placing the finishing touches on the final details, Evelyn returned to her room to find her chosen dress already placed upon her bed. With the lace perfectly elegant and the soft fabric placing her into a state of serenity, she gently closed her eyes as she imagined walking down an aisle with Marth on the other end. Unable to hide the smile upon her face, shew as withdrawn from her trance by a knock on her door. The final responses had returned and she placed the list upon her vanity to review later. Placing the dress in a cradled position in her arms, she moved to Marth's room before being told he would be returning within the hour. Gaining an idea, she placed the dress upon the bed and removed the one she was currently wearing. Using the dress to hide the intimate sections of her body, she quickly remembered something she carried in the pocket of her dress since it had been given to her. Placing the phial on the edge of her finger and gently shaking it, she dabbed this upon her neck and then her wrists as she heard heavy steps approach the door. Laying with her head resting upon her palm and her leg lazily placed over the other one, she pulled the dress to leave little to the imagination.

As the door came open, she quickly adjusted her hair to appear irresistible and regained her sight to freeze in fear. Clearing his throat, Marth turned to the men behind him as their eyes were nearly popping from their skulls.

"You will have to excuse us." He spoke with a smirk before turning to lock the doors behind him, as the men tried to the very last second to sneak a peek at the naked woman in Marth's sheets.

"Shall I assume you will always come to me this way?" He asked as he used the back of his hand to guide along her skin.

"If you request it, I shall do so."

"If I request anything?"

"That is the duty of a wife, is it not?"

He bit his bottom lip for a moment before gently shaking his head. "You are far too alluring for your own good...do you understand that?"

She nodded. "I have noticed the power I have over you. I quite enjoy it."

"Is that so?" Throwing off his heavy jacket, he then moved on top of her, pinning her down with his legs over her hips so she could not fight him. "I am beginning to detest clothes."

"What for?' She asked while trying to repress a giggle from his comment. "It appears to be the only thing between us."

"A torturous problem with a simple solution, my love."

"I vow to not permit clothes upon you our entire marriage when we are alone-then again...it would make for difficult concentration for me."

Placing a passionate kiss upon her lips, he lowered his body so he was now pressing against her, with the dress being the only thing between them. Holding her face so he could angle her to his pleasure, he began to kiss her neck before breathing in her perfume.

"What in the glorious heavens is that scent?"

"One of the River villagers had given it to me."

"You are quite the devil against my vow."