Prologue

Sex. It is the single thing in this world that can cause both hate and love. It is seen as wicked but also beautiful-depending on who you ask. For women, it has always been the only power they have always had; whether it was to gain trust, love, or pure pleasure. It has always been known to be man's weakness; the sight of a blushing woman who is untouched was the most sought out. The very strings of her corset would remain in perfect position without fraying due to lack of fervent undressing. Even the way she would tremble underneath a heaving man would be a fantasy for any looking to claim a virgin. But never in this life, the one where sex is seen as a form of trade, is love an appropriate gamble.

Intimacy. The very bond between two soulmates that consists of pure love, trust, and devotion is the perfect definition of this. Where a physical touch is not always needed, but the feeling of your great love's eyes upon you or even a smirk in your direction is plenty. It is also a sexual term to refer to private moments between consensual pairs. But even this connection, is not promised to anyone.

Heartbreak. There is no emotional pain that can compare to that of a broken heart. The very feeling as though you can no longer breathe or walk without constantly thinking of the one who destroyed you. Memories of kisses and touches, the first conversation to the last, and every little thing you did runs through your mind like a sinister hurricane-wiping away any happiness.

And one girl, was bound to learn the very lessons each word has to offer.