Chapter Twenty Eight- Union and Separation

Being awoken by the forceful jolt of her servant's hands, she was pulled from her bed and brought to her large basin to bathe for the wedding. Having lavender oil placed in her bath, she was allowed several minutes, in which she tried to ease her anxieties, before being raced around to prepare for the wedding. Her hair was combed until dry and then pinned with a twist going from one temple to the other. The veil was then placed underneath the center of the twist before pieces of baby's breath were then placed around the veil, giving a beautiful appearance. Along with that, Evelyn was given a perfume bath in which she was patted with the most enticing aromas and groomed to complete perfection. When it was time to get into her dress, she took a deep breath before feeling the lace tight upon her skin-in such a way that was suffocating. Nevertheless, hearing the bells of the kingdom to alert the villagers of a joyous occasion in the castle, she brought herself to smile.

"Are you prepared?" Her maid asked before escorting her towards the grand throne room which was now arranged beautifully. Those in attendance had been standing upon her arrival, recently removing themselves from their velvet chairs for the ceremony. There had been candles upon the aisle that allowed a beautiful setting along with a handsome groom-to-be atop a set of stairs. When his eyes made contact with her, a large smile came over his face-one that showed his obvious thoughts of being undeserving of her.

As she stood beside him, she felt his arm take hers as he could feel her trembling. Gently placing his hand over hers as a force of ease, she could see out of the corner of her eye how she was being glared at by Terrah. The priest than began his long beginning of the wedding as she found herself nauseous with each passing second. Feeling as though she may faint, she held on tighter to Marth who was growing worried for her.

"My love?" He asked as she was asked to repeat something and failed to do so.

"Forgive me." She spoke while looking to the floor to refocus her gaze and began repeating what the priest instructed. Having done it in Latin and English, she was then given a thick silver ring that was engraved with the Greydon family crest upon the front. Admiring the promise of forever, she was then given Marth's and she then placed a simple band upon his finger before being asked to bow their heads to pray. As everyone around them had done so, Evelyn turned towards Terrah and saw how her gaze had not broken from her, trying to figure out what she could gain, she found the answer to be mysterious as the prayer was finished and she was then given her final vows to speak to Marth.

After two hours of exchanged vows and scriptures from the Bible being stated that corresponded with marriage, commitment, and love, the couple was finally announced married and given the physical approval of the priest to seal their marriage with a kiss. Pulling her into him slowly, he then dipped her just enough as he delivered a sweet kiss onto her lips. Upon pulling her up, she saw how everyone had been on their feet as they turned to move from the main throne room. Having trumpets ring as they made their way down the aisle and into Marth's chambers where they were to say their goodbyes as he was preparing to fight, they walked hand in hand with another.

"Must you leave so quickly?" She asked as the door shut behind her as he closed it.

"I am afraid I must. Be anxious for my return, I vow to not allow disappointment to cross your mind upon my groom duties."

She smiled before he pulled her in for a deep kiss that lasted several minutes. Running her fingers through his hair, she begged for him to claim her as the bed was so close or even a table would suffice, yet, he refused.

"Not until I have you as long as I desire."

"Forever." She said while placing another kiss on his lips.

"Forever." He repeated as he moved to the other side of his chambers to dress as she turned so he could keep his modesty.

"You do not have to be shy, my love. We are wed."

Turning with a blush over her cheeks, she took in his physical features before swallowing hard at the sight of his bare backside complete with his strong muscle tone and sporadically placed scars. Moving to him, she slid her fingers over his scars, to find him to turn towards her.

"You will join me in these chambers and will be given no responsibilities but to be mine."

"I do not mind helping as I have been."

"Perhaps I am confessing my selfishness to desire you completely myself."

"Then I suppose I shall convert my routine."

Placing his pants around his hips, he then buttoned them up before finding a knock upon his door.

"So soon?"

"I am afraid that if we wait a second longer, we shall not claim victory. And I promise to protect you above all else."

"Promise me you will return."

"I vow it, my love." Giving a sweet kiss as he walked her back towards the door, he set her upon it gently as he rounded her butt, gently squeezing as she groaned.

"Come back to me."

"Forever." He gave one more kiss before being angrily requested by his fellow knights that were upon the opposite side of the door. Applying his remaining sets of armor upon him, he moved quickly down the hall where the knights were arranged in lines, awaiting their journey ahead. She watched as Marth pulled his weight onto the horse and looked back at her. Unable to leave without one final kiss, she ran to his side and angled her head up before he grabbed her face and kissed her deeply. Sliding the ribbon from her thigh that she placed as tradition, she handed it to him as the knights were growing jealous of her eagerness to be with him.

"I expect that returned." She said with tears in her eyes.

"I love you, Evelyn."

"I love you, Marth." Pulling her close for one final kiss, he then disappeared along with the other knights as she remained in the courtyard until the final galloping hooves could no longer be heard. Turning to reenter the castle, she found Terrah behind her.

"I suppose it is difficult for a newly bound couple to separate due to war."

"Why is it you pretend kindness to me? I loathe your attempt at it."

"I realize the error of my mistakes in the past. I wish to ease our friendship...as I believe he had one, once...."

"You have always resented me."

"I envied you. Now, I see you are happy and I will not ruin that."

"You will have to forgive me if I do not easily believe it."

"I would worry if you did. I will show it to you, that I mean what I speak."

"I suppose until then, we are simply strangers."

"I suppose we are."

Passing Terrah, she moved towards the castle steps before turning back to see Terrah looking off in the distance with a pensive expression. Overcome with desire and sadness for Marth, she moved to her new chambers as servants had yet to place her own things. For the first night without Marth, she cuddled close to his sheets and tried at every faintest attempt to feel as though he was near-although, she was unaware of his well being.