Chapter Ten- Silver Spoon

Awaking to the sound of a subtle bell, Evelyn rose from her cushioned sheets and feather stuffed pillows before sliding into her long and crimson colored robe. With her feet connecting to the floor, it sent a small shiver down her spine as it allowed her fatigue to slowly decrease, before she then entered the hallway and found the other girls in a straight line, lingering along the steps.

"Evelyn!" Upon hearing her name, Evelyn turned to find Lilli calling out for her. Standing behind her in the line, she asked how her first night had been before then filling her in on the small doings of the Madame Polly household. Each morning, the girls would be fed one by one-as each one had a specific diet prepared specifically for them. They would then be bathed, soothed with lotion and mint (which was applied to their mouths as a refreshing taste for the men), along with spurted with perfume before beginning their days.

Upon making it to the buffet style table, she was handed a tray as several servants placed everything from fresh fruit to sweet pastries in front of her. By reaching the end, she followed the other girls as they took their seats in the dinning room, where they had eaten dinner nearly eight to twelve hours prior. The girls all appeared porcelain and untangled even though they had just woken.

Evelyn quickly finished her food before being escorted by a female maid and assisted into a dress that was far more in price than anything she could conjure in a single night's wages. Upon tying her corset to a complete fit, Evelyn was then given the mint which was mixed in a teacup with hot water. Being warned of the temperature, she could sense a taste of lemon as well before feeling the peppermint soothe her mouth as well as her dry lips. Before the maid had left, she applied lotion to Evelyn and then allowed her to be left on her own.

When appearing as a true secret harlot, she descended down the stairs once more to find Lilli speaking with Polly in a raised temper. Upon seeing Evelyn, both the girls ceased their heated discussion and focused their attention onto her.

"You are far more alluring with such attributes." She motioned towards the dress and newly curled hair before watching how the other girls had been almost robotic in their actions. Standing with little to no movement, the girls even seemed to blink at the same time as Polly spoke almost as a drill Sargent in front of them-the only difference being in her calm voice and clasped hands that sat lightly upon her stomach.

"As you venture into the streets this day, remember how we now have another sister to protect." All the girls turned in unison towards Evelyn as many looked to her with shock of her changed appearance. "I demand that you protect her as you have done with each other since we opened our business a decade ago. On that spoken topic, we will be hosting our annual founder's festivities once dark hits upon us. Your attire will be laid upon your bed upon returning home. Now venture and allow our name to maintain the highest brothel in the city, if not the entire world."

The sound of shoes walking towards the door appeared similar to a clap as Evelyn was the last to leave, before being pulled back by Polly.

"It is not ever likely to join my girls without an audition. So I suppose this shall be yours. If Jasmine had not quit, I would have forced you to have only one option, but we are desperate for proper girls with class-and those are greatly hard to discover."

"I will not disappoint."

Without a word, Polly allowed her to now leave as she strolled her way up and down the streets of her new home. Finding her peers to be collecting men into alleyways and within dark corners, she found it nearly impossible that men with seemingly high class would callously obtain women for lustful favors. Eventually finding each man to be uninterested in what she could offer, she brought her pins free from her scalp and began running her hands on her aching cranium before finally resting her back against a nearby poll. Feeling far off from herself, she also withdrew the shoes that felt as though they had been sucking her life through her feet. Rubbing her feet, she found how a drifter emerged in front of her as she stood.

"Fancy some coin?" He asked with obvious signs of nervousness before showing his pouch of money that sounded far heavier than any she had ever witnessed. Kindly stroking the man's hand, they walked to the side of a nearby building before then disappearing from curious eyes and ears. The man was obviously a novice when it came to intercourse, but was also teasing her with coin, and by luck-far more than any she had seen before.

"You are trembling..." She spoke as he appeared to be growing ill as she touched him. "It is not something you should be afraid for..."

"I have never been...with a...woman..." He said with a large blush as she gave a caring smirk. "It is quite simple...allow me to ease something." Sliding her lips against his cheek, she placed a sweet kiss on his skin before feeling him smile beneath her lips.

"You are not like the others...they...they are greedy for the coin...you-"

"It is my thought to not think of any others at this moment." But even as she spoke the statement, her mind shifted instantly to Marth. She missed his soft voice and strong hands guiding her when she would nearly fall or aid her wounds when she would gain lacerations. Deep in thought, she did not notice how the man had been kissing her neck as her hands were upon his arms, wrapping from underneath.

Before she could speak another word, her heart raced as the man pushed her into a nearby shack filled with tools for a nearby cemetery. Pulling the objects onto the ground with a loud thud, he placed her on the surface of the table and then pulled himself on top of her. His scrawny physique had contained a mysterious strength, as he continued to surprise her with first lifting her, and now gaining control over her. Not by force, but by the feeling of strength, he held her arms gently at her sides before putting one had underneath her corset and the other lifting her dress.

Not caring for a moment, he delivered a thrust into her as her fingers gripped the sides of the table. Closing her eyes tight as she attempted to envision any moment but the one she had now, she came back to Marth and visioned him between her legs-delivering sweet thrusts of ecstasy while his hot breath lingered upon her neck. Once more, she was torn from her dream-but this time, by the man pulling from her. Leaving his entire sack of coins, she regained herself to appear untouched before beginning to walk toward Madame Polly's.

Carrying the change heavy in her hand, she wrapped the string around her middle finger and hid the pouch as she knew thieves were gaining an impressive skill set for their choice of trade. Upon making it back to the house, she found how it felt immediately odd. There was no doorman to open the door or greet her, and upon entering-she discovered the majority of the girls to have been surrounding something in the dining room. When a girl had seen Evelyn, she quickly closed the double doors, locking them from the inside.

Lingering for a handful of minutes, she then turned towards the large staircase and placed her hand to ascend. Taking a moment to enjoy the feeling of thick cherry wood beneath her fingers, she continued one step after the next, careful to not trip on her dress, before making it to the top. Finding the other girls' doors to be open and allowing the light to shine into the home. Continuing further, she moved to her room and slid her fingers upon the door knob before a fly began to buzz around her, annoying her as she swatted. Turning to try to gain a better look of the fly, she saw how a door frame-usually a perfect white, had been smeared with a dark color. Inching her way closer, she took a deep breath and entered the room to find the stain to be that of blood.

Turning her head into the room, she saw the horrific scene ahead and turned to leave-before finding a trail of blood leading down the stairs-making her nauseous as she realized she had not only stepped onto it, but also, touched it as the railing was splattered as well.

*SORRY IF IT SEEMS SLOW, GOOD PARTS SOON, I PROMISE!