An unexpected welcome

The next morning, Cream and Shadow woke up and yawned. They both went downstairs, and when they did, there was a knock at the door. They both looked at each other, and then, Shadow went to the door, slowly. He then paced his hand on the knob, and opened the door. And outside the door, was Vanilla the Rabbit! Cream saw her, and Vanilla looked back at her, smiling.
"My baby," she said, spreading her arms out. Cream's eyes widened, and she ran to her. Just then, Vanilla saw herself being lifted off the ground! Cream let out a scream as he looked up at her mother in fear! Shadow looked up, and he not only saw her, but he saw...the evil Dr. Eggman!
"Hohohohohohohohoho!" He laughed. "I told you I'd be back." "Let go of my mommy!" Cream screamed, jumping up at him. Vanilla shook and wriggled as a robotic claw was holding her. "Come and get her back if you dare," he said. "It will be the last thing you ever do." He then flew up into the sky, and laughed evilly.
Shadow and Cream watched as he flew away with Vanilla. "MR. SHADOW! WE HAVE TO GET HER BACK!" She yelled. "I know! I know!" Shadow screamed back. "HURRY!" She yelled. But all Shadow did was stand still. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! COME ON!" Cream yelled. Shadow bent down on one knee, and put his hands on Cream's shoulders. "Look, Cream," he said. "This mission is dangerous. I don't want your mother to see you getting hurt." "So you're saying I should stay?" She asked. "It's for your own safety," he said. "Shadow. Please. I promise. I'll be out of the way. I want to save my mommy!" She then started forming into tears. "And...this might be the last I'll ever see you too...." She said, her voice cracking. "And...I don't wanna lose anyone!"
She then went down to the ground, and covered her face, sniffling. Shadow looked down at her. As much as he wanted to take her, he didn't want to get her killed. But seeing Cream cry...was just as bad as her dead.... So he said, sighing, "Come on."
Cream looked up. "W-what...?" She asked, sniffling. "I can't leave you like this," he said. "And I know you don't want to lose me or your mother or anyone.... So...I'll get you over there." Cream got up, and quickly hugged him, tightly. Shadow looked down at her, and hugged her back. "Thank you...," she said, smiling slowly. "You're welcome," he said. Cream looked up at him, and saw a small tear streaming down his cheek. She then flew up, and wiped it off his cheek. "Thanks," he said. "You're welcome," she smiled.
She then got in Shadow's arms, and Shadow skated off