Shadow and Cream

After a few hours, it was getting dark. Cream stayed in her room all day,covering her face. She eventually stopped crying, but now she was just sniffling, with tears slowly streaming down her cheeks. She then jumped when she heard the door knock.
"Cream," a voice called. "Go away...," she said, looking away. A few seconds later, the door slowly opened. Cream turned around and jumped. It was Shadow. Cream then got in the sheets of her bed and shook, whimpering. Shadow watched as he saw her tail swift. Cream was waiting for him to shout, but all she heard...was a sigh.
She opened her eyes slowly, and slowly peaked out of the covers. She was still shaking as she looked at Shadow. "It's okay," he said slowly. "I'm not gonna hurt you." Cream studied his face. He looked sad. She looked closer, and saw a small tear streaming down his face. "Why are you crying?" She asked. "You weren't the one in trouble and got hit this morning." "I know. I know," Shadow said. "I just came to talk to you." "About what?" She asked.
He placed his hand slowly on her bed. "You mind?" He asked. She shook her head no. Shadow then jumped up on her bed, and scooted over to Cream. "Cream...," he began. "I'm sorry I hit you. I was just mad, that's all." Cream looked away as he was talking. "I really regret hitting you Cream. That has to be the stupidest thing I have ever done." Cream turned to him slowly.
"Mr. Shadow?" She asked. "Yes?" He asked. "Is it true? Do you really hate me?" Shadow looked in her eyes. "I mean I knew all along you hated me. That's why you were so grumpy all the time." Shadow stared as she was explaining. He was slowly getting surprised by what she was saying. "I knew you weren't happy with all the games we played. I just thought that we might have some fun together at some time. But I guess I was wrong...." Cream looked down in disappointment.
As she was about to cry again, Shadow took Cream, and laid her on his lap, with her head on his chest. Cream felt his chest fur,and snuggled on it, slowly smiling. "Cream...I don't hate you," Shadow began. "Maybe I did act too much like a brat myself. I didn't want to be ordered around by a little bunny girl. But what's worse is making you unhappy rather than me being unhappy." Cream looked up at him, and hugged him.
"When are you ever happy?" She asked. "At times," Shadow said. "Well what makes you happy?" She asked. "Cream. You don't have to smile to be happy. I'm happy...on the inside really," he explained. Cream looked at him. "I don't want to see you happy on the inside," she said. "I want to see you happy on the outside." She hugged him tighter. "Cream," Shadow slowly said. Cream slowly looked at him. Shadow looked in her eyes, and fidgeted with his mouth. He then formed a small smile on his face. Cream saw it and slowly smiled back. She then snuggled against his chest fur.
"You're so soft," she said. Shadow looked down at her, smiled, and wrapped his arms around her. He then lifted her head up. "Cream, I want to take care of you. I want to make you happy until your mother comes home. Your mother expects me to keep you happy," he said to her. "Okay. I promise I'll be better," she said. "No, it's not you. It's me. But...there is something I want to tell you," he explained. "What is it?" Cream asked.
"About us being friends. Well...I just doubt that we are because...." "Because what?" "We're just...too different." Cream gave Shadow a curious look. "How are we different?" She asked. "Well," he began. "You like flowers, and I don't. I'm allergic to them. You like to play, and I just go on dangerous missions. Do you get it now?" "So like...you like dark scary nights, and I like bright sunny days?" She asked. "Exactly," he said. "So again, I'm gonna try to make things work." "No," she said, holding his hand. "We're gonna make things work. Together." Shadow looked in her eyes, and she looked in his.
"I'm so sorry I've been such a brat to you," Cream said, apologetically. "And I'm sorry I hit you. And to add insult to injury, I yelled at you," Shadow said, apologetically. "It's okay," she said, smiling.
"Mr. Shadow?" "Yes?" He asked. "Can I snuggle with you?"  Shadow thought for a moment. "Wait," he said. He got off the bed, and walked across the room. He then grabbed something and got back on the bed. Cream looked at it. It was the Shadow plush doll. Cream smiled big and held it in her arms.
"Yes you can Cream," Shadow smiled. "Yay!" Cream cheered softly. "By the way, why do you sleep with that thing?" He asked. "Because I've always liked you. And I've always wanted to be friends with you," she explained with a smile. Shadow blushes and smiled back, feeling a little flattered. "Uh...thanks," he said, blushing. "You're welcome," she said, smiling. She held the plush doll in her arms, laid her head on Shadow's chest fur, and closed her eyes.
As Shadow closed his eyes, a familiar tune from his head came out of him in hums. Cream heard the tune and looked at him with a gasp. "You know Follow Me?" She asked, surprised. "Yes. Well, I hear you and Amy him it a lot. I first thought it was annoying, but I slowly started getting interested in it. It's actually a pretty good song," he explained. "It is," she said. "Can you hum it while I'm asleep...well...if you want to," she said, almost forgetting about being a brat. "Of course I will," he said. She smiled, and fell asleep again.
As she slept, Shadow hummed the song, and eventually fell asleep.