"No, no, no, no, nope, not a chance. You can't just knock me out!" I exclaimed, seeing Matteo was enough apparently to sober me up completely from my hazy state.

Maina, who must have been the healer Amias and Francis were talking about, looked at me for the first time since beginning her check up. Like actually looked at me, the kind of look someone gives you when they are really seeing and hearing you. It's a look of validation and understanding, a silent gift to me that I hadn't experienced since this entire mess had taken place.

She tucked her long grey hair behind an ear and turned away from me, facing Matteo in all of his smoldering rage. "She is right, Alpha. I'm not going to sedate her."

He barked out a laugh, "Like hell you aren't." When Maina made no move to follow his orders he snarled lowly under his breath, "There's plenty of others in your program who I'm sure would be more than willing to comply."

Maina shook her head, "Tell her, you know that you have to, Alpha."

Matteo was obviously quite stubborn, he wasn't enjoying the lack undivided obedience by Maina that he was usually accustomed to by every other member in his pack. He stood there before me unmoving.

What the hell did he have to a say me? And why the hell did he think I was going to listen?

Maina rolled her eyes and with an exasperated sigh she crossed the room and took Matteo by the wrist holding his hand up in front of me. I immediately jerked away from the sudden motion but she kept his arm like that and after a moment I leaned forward to peer at whatever she was wanting me to see.

It was about his knuckles. They were still as bloody and beat up as when I had noticed them earlier that day, it was nothing remarkable. Matteo jerked his hand out of her grasp and folded his muscled arms across his chest and I looked up at Maina perplexed.

"It's been seven days exactly since you arrived here." Maina began slowly, ready to gauge my reaction.

Seven. Days.

I had been unconscious for an entire week. He had kept me sedated for seven whole days! To say I was furious was the biggest understatement of all time.

Despite the obvious injuries littering my body and despite the handcuffs chaining me to the bed, I lunged forward. Matteo didn't even flinch, he knew I wasn't going anywhere and he was right. As soon as I sprung forward I was thrown back into the bed by the cuffs.

"You drugged me for seven days straight and you think you can just keep sedating your problems away? Well f:ck you, you're dealing with me and you're dealing with what you've done form here on out." I folded my own arms across my chest, my stance mirroring his position at the foot of my bed.

Maina waved her hands in the air and put herself between the bed and Matteo in an attempt to separate us, "Enough!" She stood parallel now allowing herself a view over both of us, "Since you two came into contact, Alpha Matteo has been unable to heal himself."

I frowned immediately, there was no way that this was my fault. I mean, how twisted would that be? After destroying my pack and effectively killing the vast majority of it's inhabitants, attacking and abducting me, Matteo wanted to continue my torture by projecting the blame of his problems onto me? It only further instilled my assertion that Matteo truly was the scum of the earth.

"Essentially, I believe that the extreme actions he took against your pack and subsequently yourself has lead his wolf into reclusion." She attempted to further elaborate the theory she'd put together.

Matteo sighed and rolled his shoulders back, visibly trying to relax his hulking form. "Taking over packs is what I do, it is what makes Malice, Malice. It's our normal. But, according to Maina and just about every d:mn healer known to mankind, they all believe that somehow because it was the pack of my mate and because my actions...supposedly harmed you...Basically my wolf is really angry with me."