Society Again

"Woah, woah!" The voices rang clear through the thick forest. Nico stopped in his tracks, tugging Will back.  "Did you hear that?" He murmured.  Will nodded, alert.  It had been two weeks since they had started their journey, and now were getting desperate, running out of food and supplies quickly.  He ducked low behind a tree, waiting for the source of the voices.  Sure enough, the crumple of trampled leaves made its way to them, revealing two men on horseback.   "Come on, now."  One of them soothingly muttered to his horse.  "Easy, boy."  The horse snorted and took a few steps, then finally settled down.  

"What did she look like?" The other man trotted forward.  "I never saw her.  But I heard she had long, dark braided hair and brown eyes, and had some sort of Roman tattoo on her arm.  The day she disappeared, she was wearing a purple dress." The first one replied. 

"Well, that narrows it down." He scanned the area.  Will and Nico ducked further behind the tree, hearts pounding.  "She's not here, and its almost dark.  We should head back to Ud Mortem and search again tomorrow." Ud Mortem? They weren't from Wills kingdom.  The two men turned and started their way back.  He paused for a second before jumping out.  "Wait!" He yelled, grabbing their attention.  They both turned slightly, jumping in surprise of not being alone.  Will let out a ragged gasp before dragging Nico out by his arm.  "We're lost.. we've been in these woods for weeks.. can you help us?" He coughed harshly, trying to sell their 'weak, lost and tired' look.  Not that much acting had to be done.  Nico wheezed, catching on.  "Please." He spluttered.  One of them scratched his head and looked nervously to the other one.  "What do you think, Travis?"  Travis glared at him.  "For gods sake, Connor.  Of course we should help them!" He moved forward and extended a hand to Nico.  "Climb on.  We'll take you home."  The grateful look in Nico's eyes was enough for Connor to do the same for Will, and soon they were finally on their way home.  

"So who were you looking for?" Will asked Connor as they rode through the thinning woods.  "A girl named Reyna disappeared two days ago.  A bunch of people are worried sick and think something bad happened to her.  Personally, I think she ran off."  A mischievous glint shone in his eye as he glanced back at him.  Will nodded and looked over to the other horse, where Nico was calmly riding behind Travis.  A twinge of jealousy hit him as he noticed Nico's arm loosely wrapped around Travis's waist as not to fall off.  It doesn't matter, he told himself.  He'll stop as soon as we get to our new home.  A new home at last.