Lost and Found

Nico coughed, the cold air sending chills down his spine.  He was wearing Will's sweater again, but just because he was chilly. Not because he liked it or anything. And anyway, it was too big.   

Will glanced over at him. He smiled, and casually placed an arm over his shoulder.  Nico stiffened at the touch, but easily relaxed into it. 
"So." Will said. 
"So..?" Nico asked.
"So what do you want to do when we're out of here?"
"Like... plans for the future?"
"Yep."
"I.. don't know. I never thought about it.  I guess I'd find work somewhere simple.  I'd like a house- not too big, though, nice and cozy.  And honestly, I don't want to be alone, and without my sisters... I don't know what I'll do."  He shivered.
"I..."  Will started, but then stopped, biting his lip.  He would have said that he wanted to stay with him, but he realized Nico might not feel the same way.  He couldn't take that rejection.  "Do you hate me?"  He asked randomly.
"What?"
"Do you hate me?"
"Wi- I- of course not.  I mean, I used to loathe you, but now, you know you're not so bad, Solace."  Will let out a breath of relief. Thank god.  They strolled a while longer through the woods.  "Do you, uh, do you you happen to know where we are?"  Will shook his head.  The trees loomed over the pair, their branches stretching across the sky and covering its color.  Leaves crunched under their feet, and small scampers were heard between bird calls.  The sun was fading, and Nico quickly took shelter snuggled up to Wills side.  Will looked up to hide his hot blush. He could see only a few stars through the leaves.  Nico followed his gaze, and they stopped in their tracks.  A flash shot through the sky.  "Make a wish!" Nico whispered excitedly, his face lit up with a smile.  He closed his eyes and scrunched his cheeks up.  Will suppressed a coo at his adorable expression, then closed his own.  After a minute, the wind blew.  Will peeked one eye open to see Nico still staring at the sky. He sat down on a log, and patted the spot next to him.  Nico sat.
"What'd you wish for?" Will teased. 
"I can't tell you." Nico made a face.
"Whhyyyy?" He whined.
"Because. That's not how it works.  If I tell you, it won't come true."
"Oh. Okay." I smiled and leaned my head on my hand, knowing what was coming next.  After a pause, he spoke again.
"What did you wish for?"  Will laughed.
"Well I can't say, can I?"
"Pleaseeee?" He begged, his eyes widening.  He completely forgot to put his walls up when he was tired. 
"Oh, okay.  As long as you tell me yours." He paused, then nodded.  "I wished to stay with you."  Will was nervous, but tried not to let it show.
"Oh.."  Nico muttered, and Wills eyes saddened at the response.  So he didn't feel the same way. 
"Will... I wished.. I wished to stay with you too."  And with those words Will's heart soared.  Why did he feel like this? What was going on? He sighed happily, then took hold of Nico's hand.  The smaller boy leaned closer to him and yawned, and before they knew it, they were asleep. 

Nico woke up sprawled over his companion, with his head on his chest.  Blond hair fell into his eyes, and he felt his face flush.  He jerked up into a sitting position, but Will's hand wrapped around his arm and tugged him back down for warmth.  Aw. No! Ugh! He bit his lip, conflicted.  He could here Wills heartbeat, and so he focused on it.  All of a sudden, his own sped up, and he breathed deeply.  Will's eyelids fluttered open slightly, and he brushed Nico's cheek with his hand before fully awakening.  Nico tried to stop himself from exploding at the touch.  What was going on?
"Mornin'," Will mumbled, a soft, southern tang clear in his voice. 
"Morning." Nico replied, his heart racing. 
"You ready to go?" Will yawned, and Nico stood up, brushing leaves from his hair. 
"Ready as I'll ever be."