The Prince of the Village

It had been over three weeks since the pair had arrived at their new town.  Though they were off to a good start, the two of them were still cooped up in their one room, struggling a little bit. They didn't have enough money to buy much, a new outfit each, something to sleep in, and small meals each day. Nico would be lying on the bed after work and Will would walk in soon after, clutch his hands, and promise him it wouldn't be long at all before they could move into somewhere nicer. "I promise, Nico."
"No stress, Sunshine," he'd respond with a smile. Inside, though, Nico would worry still. Will had given up his life of luxury for him, and he was forced now to live like a commoner, barely off the streets. His stomach would do somersaults and he'd purse his lips as if to stop his throat from jumping out of his mouth.  This went on consistently, guilt chipping away at the boy like he was a marble block waiting to be carved. 

On a rainy day, Will entered the room shivering. His thin jacket wasn't nearly enough to keep him warm, and water had seeped through his socks. He had expected to see his friend waiting for him inside, usually with some treats he'd brought back from the bakery. "Nico?" When nobody answered him, Will stripped off his coat, which clung to him like wet tape, and grabbed a cloth from the bathroom, toweling off his hair and arms before changing into something dry. He supposed Nico would arrive soon, as the walk from their room to the bakery was short, and Nico wasn't usually distracted easily.  

Nico arrived soon after, also wet. He slammed the door behind him, inhaling the hot air inside the room, and sighed. The parcel under his arm tilted a little as he tugged his shoes and coat off, and he set it down carefully. "Hey, Will," He said as he turned away to change his shirt. The blonde boy on the bed smiled in return, shooting a quick hello back at him. Nico grimaced, knowing that they had a lot to talk about tonight, and it wasn't going to be quick and easy. 
"Will?" He turned, having fully changed, and sat down on the bed by Will's feet. "Can I ask you something?"
"Hmm?" He hummed in response, looking up.  "Do you miss your old life?" 
The question caught Will by surprise. He didn't expect Nico to be one to care about things like this. "Well," he chose his words carefully, as if he were selecting only the best apples on the tree. "Naturally I love my family and it's different being without them. And my life in the palace was amazing, it's all I'd ever known. But-"
"I knew it." Nico looked down, wisps of hair covering his slitted eyes.
"What?"
"Of course you miss it, what was I expecting? That I could drag a prince from his castle, away from his family and kingdom and entire life, and everything would work out? I'm such an idiot. I'm so sorry, Will. I shouldn't have made you go this far for me. And now you're working, and we live in this one room, and we don't even have enough to buy two pairs of pants without skipping two meals in return." He took a breath. "So, if you want, you can go back. I'm used to this, but you have a whole life waiting for you. Go be a prince, like you were meant to."   
Wills mouth opened, then closed again. "You didn't let me finish."
"Finish?"
"Before you said that, I said but. But I love it here. But I'm working now, and that's more freedom than I'd ever have in my palace. But I learn so much more now that I'm a part of life." He smiled. "But I already feel like a prince when I'm with you."  Nico pursed his lips. "So you're staying?"
"Of course I'm staying. And soon, we'll get a nice place together and have everything we'd ever wanted."
"...We?"
"Isn't that what you want?" The blonde boy asked, smiling, and using the tip of his forefinger to brush the hair from Nico's face.

"I think... more than anything." 

Edit: Here's that update I promised~ sorry it's short! Nico and Will aren't together yet, no. And they haven't figured out any feelings for each other fully, either. I never usually wait this long, wow! Ok, enjoy, and don't forget to vote and comment!!!