The Bed

When they made it into town, Travis and Connor dropped the prince and his acquaintance off at a slightly shabby looking motel. They lent them some money, and went on their way. Will didn't need the money, but they had insisted.  Nico pushed the door open, squinting as it creaked, and walked inside.  Will followed.
"May I help you?" A voice from behind startled him, and he almost jumped. "Oh, yes please. We'd like a room for a couple nights- two beds, please."  The lady who'd spoken nodded and dangled a rusty key in front of him. "Room 128," she said, uninterested, then dropped the key into Wills palm, who took it gratefully, then dropped it in surprise.
"What happened?" Nico shifted his weight onto his other foot skeptically.  "Sorry, it was slimy. I'll get it." Will laughed sheepishly and picked the key up by its ring. 

The room in question was not what they had asked for. 

"Sooo... you can take the bed."
"What? You're a prince, you take the bed!"
"No way."

" Ok. I'll flip you for it, whoever wins gets the bed. Call it in the air."
"Heads!"
"It's tails. I win the bed, and I decree you can have it." Nico smiled proudly. "Nope, then you're sharing it with me." Will returned, mostly sincerely.

At the thought of sharing a bed with the prince, Nico turned a ripe shade of pink.  Will on, the other hand, looked fine, though inside was chiding himself for being so straightforward. "God, why did I say that? I'm such an idiot. This is way too fast, he's probably freaked out." He tried not to let his thoughts affect his facial expression as he all too eagerly awaited a response from Nico. 

"Uh, ah, sure. Okay, we'll share it. I'll take the left side, you take the right." He ran both hands through his hair, nipping a little at his bottom lip. Nerves were creeping up his spine like spiders. "Right. It's almost night, so should we... sleep?"
"OH! Totally, right, well.. I don't have anything to wear." Nicos hands returned to his hair. 
"...Neither do I. Should we just, like, strip?"
"What?!"
"I mean to our underwear! We can't wear these dirty clothes to bed! I won't even look." Will raised his hands in defense. "Fine. Fine. I can't believe I'm doing this." The shorter boy muttered under his breath. "Turn around."
"Got it." 

Nico tugged his shirt up over his head and quickly folded it before placing it on the ground next to the bed.  He shoved his pants down, praying the other boy wasn't looking, and got into the bed, pulling the covers over his waist before taking a deep breath. "You can look now." Will had also stripped down to his boxers, and unabashedly slid into bed with him. "Ok, uh, goodnight." The though of the prince's chest against his back was making Nico's heart pound, and he was grateful that the night provided a safe cover to hide his blush. Will turned to face him. "Goodnight, Nico."  For some reason, the use of his name made everything feel so much more.. intimate. His breath hit Nico's hair, and the smaller boy shuddered.  

They woke up with Will's arms wrapped around Nico's torso.