The Duke

Will stormed out of Nicos room, up the hallway, and threw open the doors to the throne room.  

"You told me he could stay!" He shouted accusingly at the king and the queen.  Both of then were startled at his outburst.  "He didn't do it! He didn't do anything!"

"Will, dear-"  His mom tried.  

"He had just received news of his sister, he doesn't need this, too!"

"You've got to understand-" This time it was his father.

"No! Take him out."

"We can't have a murderer serving the prince!" The king shouted back, his patience worn thin. 

"How could he have murdered Bianca?! He was with me the whole time!  Here, in the castle!  His sister is miles away, and why would he even kill her? Do you have any proof? Prove to me that he killed his sister and you can lock him up.  But I know for a fact that it wasn't him!"  Apollo hesitated before he spoke again. 

"Will, he has been accused with murder.  We can't be sure that you aren't next on his list.  He won't be staying with you until he is either proven innocent.  The only other alternative... execution." He said slowly.  "I don't see why you're so hung up on this.  We can always find you a new servant."  Wills frown deepened.  

"Not like him."  Will didn't even know what was so special about him, he just felt like he wouldn't think of another servant the same way. 

"Will, in a kingdom there will be people who have to die.  Some die fighting to protect us, and others against us.  But you must learn to understand that, because it can't be helped.  This case was just unfortunate, but with the accuser being who he was, we can't just let him go.  We have to believe him."

"Who accused him?"

"Duke Octavian."  Will growled.  Duke Octavian had only become a Duke two years ago, when he accidentally saved Kayla's life.  He had taken advantage of his new power ever since.  Will had always hated him. But he knew Nico.  How? He had to go and find out.  Will whipped around, his hair flying, and marched out of the room.  He turned the corner and took the shortcut to the dungeon, where he knew Nico was waiting.  At the door, however, two guards stood.  They were the same ones that had dragged Nico out before.  Will cleared his throat. 

"I need to see the prisoner."

"No can do, your highness.  We have strict orders from your parents not to let you or your sister through." One of them replied. 

"This is an emergency.  Let me in!" He said sternly.  

"Sorry." He shrugged and their spears crossed in front of the door.  Will growled.  He would have to sneak in later.