Getting Closer

Nico stood up, brushing leaves from his hair as it curled in the heat. He and Will had been traveling for four days now, and they were halfway from the border of the kingdom.
"Will?" He asked quietly. "Where are we going?"
"I don't know," Will admitted. "But we can't hang around as long as you're a murderer."
"But can't we fix it? I'm innocent, I have nothing to hide."
"No, Nico. Octavian won't let you live if you go back."
"Why are you coming with me? Don't you have a whole kingdom to care for? And what about your family?" It had just occurred to Nico how much Will was sacrificing for him. "You don't have to go with me. You should live your life, I'll just drag you down." He said warmly. Will just shook his head stubbornly. 
"I'm not leaving you.  I may be a stuck up, arrogant, annoying prince, but I'd be more than ok to leave that behind to help you."
"You're not stuck up, or arrogant." Nico found himself believing those words.
"Annoying?"
"You said it, not me." A low chuckle slipped through his lips, and Nico's stomach melted. What?? He shuddered visibly. 
"Hey, you okay?" He asked, touching Nico's shoulder softly. 
"Yeah, yeah. Just chills."
"Take my sweatshirt."  He pulled his sweatshirt over his head, tugging up his shirt in the process, and the dark haired boy couldn't help but marvel at the strong set of abs he hid underneath.  Ugh, no!! What was that? Nico shivered again, but stopped when he felt a warm sweater fall around him, and he realized Will had put it on him.  It smelled good, like honey and fresh air.  He held his arms closer to his body.   They kept walking.