Dungeon Tears

Nico watched the sun set through the bars of his cell.  The walls were cold as stone and the room was empty except for a small ledge in the corner.  He sat under it, tears slipping down his cheeks.  He had already tried struggling, and there was no escape.  He was alone down there.  His hands were bruised and bleeding from prying at the bars, and his ribs were bruised from being handled by the guards.  Nico had always loved this kingdom, but now he had seen the dark side.  He wished Will would come and visit.  Now it was dark.  He leaned his head back onto the stone and sobbed, choked.
Will pulled the hood of his cloak over his eyes. He had pushed his gold hair back with a headband, something he rarely did, but he needed it to stay out of the way. He spotted the guards at the door again, pressing himself against the wall. Tossing his rock in his hand, he crept up to the corner, then threw it into a different hallway. The guards turned their heads, but then looked back. He threw another one. This time it hit the wall first, then the floor.
"What the heck?" One of them muttered, leaving to check it out. Will threw the third rock in the other direction. It knocked over a sword hanging on a wall. The second guard jumped and ran over. Will ran through the gate and into total darkness.
"Oh, great." He muttered. It was silent. Will navigated the dungeon smoothly, until he banged into a wall. "Dam. A fork." Practically blind in the dark, he listened for any sign of prisoners. Sure enough, something was there. A soft sound, almost like breathing. Will crept closer. Maybe it was Nico. As he listened, the sound got heavier and turned into what he could identify as crying. Quiet whimpers and chokes followed, then the crying continued. Will kept walking until he felt the cold metal bars, and the moonlight lay like a blanket over the hard cell floor. He didn't see the source of the crying, but he would recognize that voice anywhere. He couldn't disturb him like this- barging in and asking about his history with Octavian when his sister just died and Will couldn't even get him out of prison yet. This was such a poorly thought out plan. So he just turned around and slid against the bars, sitting down and leaning his head back. His hands went through the bars and he stared into the inky blackness of the night. Dust and dirt crumbled beneath his fingertips. He traced invisible designs on the ground, still making no sounds. Eventually the crying softened into slow breathing, and Nico was asleep. Will wrapped his cloak around him and after a while he fell asleep too. 

"Ow!" Nico hissed softly as he banged his head on the ledge he was sitting under.  He must've fallen asleep there.  It was dusk.  A figure was leaning against the bars.  Probably a guard.  He shoved himself closer to the wall and let his head loll uncomfortably onto his knees, drifting off again.