Gone to Town

Nico grinned when Wills back was turned.  This was his turf, his territory.  He could walk to his house from here.  It would take a little while, but he could still do it. He knew every turn, he had lived here since he was born. Will breathed in the fresh air and smiled. He spun around with glee on his face, oblivious to Nico's plans. His eyes gleamed as he whirled and grabbed his hand, and Nico blushed, yanking it away. He didn't know why, but he liked seeing the gleam in the prince's eye. Will muttered a sorry, and the two of them set off to explore the town. The blonde boy said something about everything they passed in excitement, so Nico decided not to show him around, it would be more fun this way.  They entered a bakery, and Nico chose a pie.
"Will?" Nico said, acting against his feelings and pretending he didn't like the prince in the slightest.
"Hm?" Will responded, his fingers tracing over the counter of the shop. 
"You know, there's this thing," he spoke slowly, paying.  "It's one day in the year when people go around pranking each other for fun.  It's really cool." He didn't look at Will, just casually stating the facts while he took the pie from the lady behind the counter and thanked her.  "So I just figured I should tell you.."  they walked outside, where Nico examined his fingernails before sliding the pie out of the plate and balancing it on his hand.  Will just stared in confusion. 
"Wha-" Nico smashed the pie into his face, and watched as the crumbled pieces fell.  Then he burst out laughing, clutching his stomach at Wills shocked expression.  The prince wiped his face with his sleeve, then his eyes narrowed.  Nico stopped laughing.  Will raised an eyebrow.  "Di Angelo," he said slowly, scaring Nico. "You're dead!" His face broke out into a wild grin as his friend jumped up and started running, Will close behind.  Nico weaved between the shops, not thinking.  Will watched where he was going, then slipped back to the bakery and bought another pie.  He ran as fast as he could to meet Nico, then, panting, put the pie on the ground.  He sat back, waiting.  Sure enough, the short boy came running past.  His foot landed straight in the pie and he fell backwards, the filling splattering all over him.  He lay on his back in shock for a second.
"No way." He whispered. 
"Ha!" Will yelled triumphantly.  "Gave you a taste of your own medicine!"
"Thanks a ton, doctor." Came Nico's sarcastic reply.  Will smiled at the nickname.  He leaned down and reached out to help Nico up.  He took his hand, then pulled him halfway and dropped him.  He landed back on the ground with a grunt. 
"Happy- what was it? April Fools day?" He teased.  Nico rolled his eyes and jumped up, brushing himself off. 
"Yeah, yeah, okay. Let's get back to town." He laughed dryly, though he really was enjoying himself.  Will shrugged playfully and blew a curl from his eyes.  The two of them walked in pleasant silence, until they came to a cobblestone square  where a boy sat playing the fiddle on the sidewalk. Will walked over and poured a handful of gold coins into a small hat next to the boy's foot.  He then winked, and whispered into his ear, "compliments of Prince William."  The boys gaped and dropped his bow. 
"Y-you're highness!" He exclaimed quietly, kneeling.
"Oh, don't do that!! Get up now, come on! And, call me Will. " will helped the boy to his feet and Nico couldn't help admiring his compassion for the people.  The boy beamed. 
"Thank you, Will.  What can I do to repay you?"
"Play me a song or two with that fiddle of yours?" Will chuckled and brushed another strand of hair from his eyes, running his fingers through his smooth, honey hair.  The boy nodded, a gleam in his eyes, and grinned.  He bent down to pick up his bow and placed it onto the strings.  Music flew through the air, and Will danced up to Nico.  "Come on. Dance." Nico shook his head furiously. 
"I don't dance." 
"You have to, please?"
"No way." He crossed his arms.  "I don't have to."  Some people were watching now. 
"Yes you do."
"On whose order?" Nico challenged.  Will leaned forward.
"The prince." He beamed, knowing he had won, and pulled Nico to the center of the square, prancing around.  Nico watched, mesmerized by the curly haired boys grace, movements, and the way he glowed when he laughed.  "Come on!" Nico groaned as Will grabbed his hand.  The two of them flew across the square, jumping and dancing to the playful fiddle.  A lady pulled a man in to join. More and more people joined in, until many people danced with the prince and his servant.  Will threw his head back in joy and laughed as his feet took him in circles.  Nico laughed too, swept up in the excitement of the dance.  They spun faster and faster, switching partners countless times, until finally the fiddle stopped and the town dance ended.  The people collapsed, tired and exhilarated, and then the crowd dispersed to find their family and friends.  Nico ran up to Will, who was smiling brightly.  Nico shielded his eyes. 
"Woah, Sunshine, tune down the smile, you're blinding me."  He teased. Will just laughed and shook his head.  "Come on, there's a lot more to see."

Will paused.  He stared out the window of the library.  They wet at the top floor, where a beautiful stained glass window surrounded them and books scattered the floor.  Nico studied one on the ground, while Will turned from the window and studied Nico.  His smooth hair hung into his eyes, his long, nimble fingers flipped through the pages.  Will glanced back outside.  The sun was setting.
"Nico, come here." 
"Yeah?" Nico left his book and got up to stand near Will. 
"Look."  Through the colors, the sun faded behind the castle in the distance.  It was really beautiful.  Will waited for the soft glow to be almost gone until his turned and grabbed Nico's hand in a totally platonic way.  "Thank you.  Nico.  For everything.  Today, it was, amazing.  Incredible. More than I could ever hope for.  Thanks for giving it to me."  Nico could see the sincerity in his eyes.  His skin tingled where Wills warm hand clutched it, but in a nice way.  Huh.  He smiled, and realized, maybe, just maybe, this idiot prince wasn't so bad after all.
"Anytime."