Chapter 32 - The Guilt Of Choosing

Start from the beginning

The Recruits backed away without saying anything, allowing Kit to get up and grab her stick.

She, too, walked out without saying anything.

Gosh, these Recruits are evil.

Or....

Are the people I'm choosing not feeling worthy of being chosen?

I chose Kit because I didn't want her to have to go through the guilt of attacking us again.

I'm choosing Object and Cassia because of their clones.

They'd mix with their clones and confuse the rest of us.

I'd rather not accidentally kill the good Cassia or good Object....

"Kit...don't listen to them.  Go on and meet up with Object at the entrance to the Budder Castle, ok?  Others will come by, as well...."

She nodded and flew off to the entrance to the castle.

Is It JuSt Me, Or ArE tHe PeOpLe YoU'rE sAvInG sEeM...rEaLlY dOwN?

I shook my head.  I don't know why, el, but right now, that...isn't a priority....

I sighed before taking off to the Spell sector.

I landed in front of the house after a bit and the Recruits stepped to the side without a word.

FoRtUnAtElY fOr ThEm, NoT sO mUcH fOr Me....

I smirked a little as I entered the house.

"You get 1 more, il, before they belong to your father~"  One of the recruits guarding Cassia said with a smirk.

I glared at him as they all moved away, allowing Cassia to leave.

"Thesssssse guyssssss are jerkssssss...."

"Only because Skybrine is...well, Skybrine.  Once Skybrine is Sky, the Recruits will return to normal.  Cassia, meet up with Object and Kit at the entrance of the Budder Castle.  I have a few more people I need to get."

Cassia nodded and left.

I'll...determine who to get out of Aura, Known, and spark whilst I go get the others....

I set my sights upon the translucent water droplet.

The Fish sector.

I landed in front of another house guarded by more recruits.

"Notch knows why you chose him first."  One of the Recruits laughed.  His friend gave him a worried look.

...A bit too late.

I had already lost feeling to my right arm as a fireball shot towards the offender.

He yelped and swatted out the flames on his arm.

"I sUpPoSe YoU tHoUgHt I wAs JoKiNg.  I WASN'T."

He glared at us but let us pass into the house.

The Recruits on the inside backed away from Quentin, who stood and grabbed his bow and arrow.

"Yo, Quentin, I just...uh...wanna say sorry for thinking you were the mastermind before...."

Quentin laughed as we walked out of the house.  "Are you seriously still fretting over that, dudette?  It was a misunderstanding of your part, it's ok!  If it makes you feel better, I forgive you."

I smiled.  "Yeah.  Go ahead to the entrance of the castle.  A few others are there already."

"Can do."

Quentin headed off.

As I flew to my next destination, I began thinking.

Known knows about the Falchion better than spark and Aura since they were kinda out of it from coming back to life and awaking from a coma.

I landed in front of a house directly under the translucent Betty.

The Bacca sector.

The Recruits wisely remained silent and let us pass, though they whispered, "2 more here, 1 more friend~"

I could feel el fuming but she remained calm.

The Recruits let the Merome family free.

As with the others, I told them where to go and took off to the next.

But spark is my shipmate.  Granted, with Aura....

Augh, this is gonna sound HORRIBLE, but...she isn't...too much of a threat compared to spark and Known.

I landed next to a house in the sector with the translucent crossed sword and bow.

The Benja sector.

The recruits let Barney free, and I sent him to the entrance before taking off again.

So...what is more important to me?

Keeping crucial knowledge from the enemy and losing a shipmate who is ridiculously powerful...or...risking information to protect a shipmate?

...

I landed in front of another house in the Benja sector.

The Recruits said nothing as I entered, but the captive did.  "Barker, please, don't save me, ok?  I know I'm your last person to get.  Save my daughter.  Save Imogen.  Please."

I looked to Red sadly.  "O-Ok...."

I backed out of the house and the Recruits sneered at me.  "15 minutes~"

I glared at them and took off, flying towards the sector with the translucent cobblestone.

The Dood sector.

...I have to put feelings aside....  The...The information is too critical to fall into Herobrine's hands.  He'll kill us all.

I landed in front of the house AGAIN (author, you need better descriptions), and so on, so forth, freed Imogen, sent her on....

And then...to the final friend's house....

She was located in the main sector of the kingdom...the Sky sector.

The Recruits remained silent as I entered.

I waited as Known stood and retrieved her sun thingys from the corner before leaving.

We both flew to the entrance of the castle where everyone else was waiting.

I landed, my head down.

This had to have been the hardest choice-making of my life.

"Time's up!  Prepare yourself, my daughters, for the final battle!"  Herobrine's voice called.

I gritted my teeth, staring angrily at the castle.

I then laughed suddenly.  "He's gonna wish...."

"ThAt We WeRe NEVER hIs DaUgHtErS."