Being a dad for real

I never imagined when I moved in with my best friend he would be moving in to be with the girl im in love with to take care of their baby. I always pictured Alex and I living together in a little apartment but nope he's moving into our house sleeping in Scarlets room. I hope he knows what it's like to take care of a baby because he isn't gonna be getting his beauty sleep he's gonna be up almost every hour taking care of a newborn. I've had two kids I know exactly what's it's like and Alex isn't ready. I'm waiting for him to complain.

"Alex you gotta put baby powder so he doesn't get a rash on his butt" Scarlet scolded

I chuckled at it because I knew how Alex was right now. I'm super salty for no reason. I know I told Alex that I was his best friend again and everything and I was serious but I couldn't help but be salty.

"Daddy I wanna play" Lelia said grabbing at my controller

"Baby girl this isn't a game for you why don't we get some of your toys like some dolls?" I said not wanting her to play GTA

"How about dress up" she smiled her eyes lighting up with excitement

"Uhhh you can dress up"

"Tea party" She begged

"Fine go get the stuff" I said. I went over to see if Nevada was still sleeping and he was. Lelia came back with her princess dress on and a tiara for me and all her tea party stuff. I loved her and I loved having a little girl but dress up and tea parties weren't always fun.

            "Here daddy wear this" she said shoving the tiara in my hands. I couldn't believe she was gonna be 4 this November she's gotten so big and honestly so have I since she was born. I thought parenting was so hard and it is at times but at the end of the day your kids mean the world to you and you wouldn't trade it for anything.

           "So who are we having tea with today? Mr.Bear and princess Olivia?" I asked looking at the dolls she brought in here they were both her favorite

           "Yes they are joining us for some tea" she smiled pretending to pour the tea in my cup.

          "Ahh wonderful we shall toast" I said holding my cup up to hers and cheering it together.

           Nevada ended up waking up and being fussy while we were having our little tea party because he was hungry so I had to go downstairs and get him some food. Alex was down their sitting in the couch with Amari on his lap feeding him a bottle. He looked exhausted and this was only his first day. I don't know why I was being so mean to my best friend but it was because I'm beyond salty and I don't mean to take it out on him but in some ways I'll never forgive him.

"Dam Austin playing dress up again?" Alex chuckled

"Yeah that's what its like having a daughter you got lucky" I chuckled

"I did he's beautiful, I don't know how to handle a girl"

"You learn like everything else. As she gets older I learn more and now I'm standing here with a tiara on my head about to finish my tea party with her but honestly she's a daddy's girl and that's all I could ask" I said closing the fridge and opening a bottle of food for Nevada.

             He looked like he was really tired and that he was starting to get the hang of parenting. The whole excitement to be a dad kind of fades when you leave the hospital and you actually go home and take care of them yourself. You realize how hard it is especially as such a young age. It's a hard job but like I said before it's a gift at the same time.

            "This parenting thing isn't as easy as I thought" he sighed starting to burp him

           "Yeah it gets hard but at the end of the day your kids are all that matters. Parenting with Scarlet also gets hard at times but we're all a family now and we're all gonna have to work this out together" I explained

           "Yeah your right I agree a hundred percent. This is one big family and I'm happy for it I love you Austin and I'm glad our kids are close like they are, not exactly what I pictured but it's getting somewhere"

           "Yeah me either but you know everything happened for a reason. Why don't you come upstairs with me and be with the kids we can play some video games while they go down it's getting kinda late and I like to try and keep them on the same schedule Scarlet keeps them on"

          "Yeah man let's do that" he smiled. He followed behind me upstairs. After I burped Nevada he was getting sleepy again and I put him down first. Lelia was still sitting their with all her tea set out but she needed to eat and take a bath so she could go to bed too.

          "Come on sweetie you gotta eat and take a bath it's almost your bed time" I said

         "But daddy the tea party" she whined

          "I know baby but it's late we can play tea party tomorrow, go see mommy she'll feed you and give you a bath" I said walking her down the hall to Scarlets room. She looked just as tired as Alex and Alex was doing all the work.

          "Hi baby" Scarlet said opening her arms for Lelia

          "She needs to eat and have a bath I already fed Nevada and put him down but I'm gonna spend some well needed time with Alex and Amari give him some dad tips" I said

         "Alright night Austin" she said taking Lelia to the bathroom

          "Night" I said closing my door. Amari was already asleep in Alex's arms. I have to admit he was such a good baby better then Nevada and Lelia I never heard a peep out of him he never cried it was crazy.

           "This parenting shit is hard. I mean I helped with your kids and everything but you guys did most of the work now I'm mostly doing it. But your right st the end of the day I love this little guy more than anything" he smiled down at him

          "Yeah I know bro parenting is hard but it's like your kids are all worth it"

A/N

I hope everyone is enjoying the story. I've been writing my chapters for my other stories so this one was a little late. This story is almost finished and their might be a sequel I haven't decided yet but if you guys want one leave a comment and drop a like ❤️❤️

I wonder who Scarlet is gonna end up with if she chooses either of them idk 🤔😏

My other chapter to Sold will be up with this one and Auslex I'm going to try and get up tonight. Forgive me if it's not writing three stories and publishing a chapter for each of them every day is hard considering their all very different.

But thanks for all the love and support and all the reads I hope everyone is enjoying it and continues to enjoy and read it

Much love Courtney 💕