Back to the basics

Continuation of the last chapter
December 2nd 7:55pm

               The pressure was so painful and I kept screaming. The tears were welding in my eyes and I really hated giving birth. The epidural kicked in but it only made the pain less painful. I was squeezing Austins hand so hard I was sure he couldn't feel his hand anymore. His face had a look of joy on it, he was looking down their seeing him come out of me which wasn't to comfortable for me but I wasn't really worried about what he was thinking he did this.

             "I see his head push" The doctor said

              I pushed hard and kept pushing harder

             "His head is out" He said

             Austins mouth dropped open and formed an O he looked so excited and happy. I felt them pull him out and it was the biggest relief ever. My stomach kind of flattened out but I still had the placenta inside me. The doctor held him up so I could see him and he was all bloody and wet and crying but he was so cute.

             "Dad wanna cut the cord" The nurse said

              Austin nodded and cut the cord slowly so he wouldn't hurt either of us but it was okay. They then took him away and weighed him and checked him out to make sure he was okay. He was screaming his head off so different from Lelia she was a calm baby.

            "You did it baby" Austin said kissing my forehead

            "We did it we both made him" I smiled

            "He's so big and adorable"

              They pulled the placenta out of me and I felt so much better I was bleeding a lot but it should slow down soon since they gave me medicine. I was all shaky from the epidural and it was going away. I was dying to see my son they were still checking him out and putting his footprints on his birth certificate.

             "Here he is" The nurse smiled handing him to me

              I pulled back his blanket and his eyes were wide open looking around trying to figure everything out. His eyes were a blue like Austins were sometimes and he was sticking his little tongue out. He was practically Austins twin. When he was holding him his face looked exactly like Austins just a younger version.

"My god Austin he looks just like you" my dad said

"Yeah I know I didn't see it before when he was on the ultrasound but now that he's out it's crazy" Austin said in awe

"It is honey he's your little twin" Michelle said

"Where's Lelia?" I asked

"She's over here, Lelia come meet your brother" My dad said

"Hi baby come look at your baby brother" Austin said picking her up

She looked at me and then at him and she tried to poke him in the face but Austin was telling her she had to be gentle then she was touching him slowly.

"Can you say brother Lelia" I said

"Broder" She said trying

We all laughed and I put Lelia next to me on the bed and put him in her arms. She held him and we took family pictures and just pictures of her holding him. It was really cute to see Lelia always wanting to touch him she was so interested in him.

"Are you happy to be a big sister" I asked Lelia

"Yes" She said

The memories of having her last year in Texas was coming back to me and how it was different last year Austin and I seemed to be so much more happy back then and now it seems like we have so much tension and things that we're dealing with in our relationship it's almost as if we're happy for the kids sake.

"So we're here for you to fill out the birth certificate for this little guy" The nurse said

"Okay thank you"

Austin and I agreed on the name Nevada Austin Mahone. He filled out the birth certificate while I fed him. This time I decided I would breast feed since it was better for the baby then formula.

"I'm excited to be a dad of two" Austin smiled

"It's fun to be a parent, but now it's like back to square one when we like just had Lelia now we have to do all the newborn stuff again"

"Yeah but I feel like taking care of a newborn is so much easier" Austin said

"It's easier in different ways because Lelia sleeps through the night and now he's gonna be up all night and waking Lelia up" I said

"That's why they have separate rooms the baby is gonna have to sleep with us and Lelia can sleep in your room" He said

"Yeah well just have to figure something out"

Lelia and Nevada fell asleep and then my dad came back from home with some clothes for me to change into because I wasn't comfortable being In the hospital gown anymore and I wanted to shower even though my vagina was burning from giving birth a few hours ago I would feel so much more fresh. He also brought me flowers, chocolate, balloons and a cake that said congratulations on your baby boy my dad was awesome and he's always taught me how a man is supposed to treat you and Austin just dosent act like that. I've learned that kids don't fix relationships they just mask the problems and help you both focus on the same thing.