Chapter 13: Goodbyes Suck

Today was the day. The day she finds out who Mr. Anonymous is. Her plan was perfect except for the fact that she had no idea what to do if she finds out out who Mr. Anonymous is. Tracie got up from her bed after checking her phone. Today was also the day Dexter and Todd are moving out.

Breakfast mainly consisted of waffles; Todd's favourite food. Tracie took a few waffles and topped it off with Nutella and dug in. Everyone else was ready to do and here comes the sad part for Tracie- she had to say goodbye now.

Tracie hugged Dexter and the waterworks started. She was bawling like a baby because Dexter always pampered her by taking her out to late night meals or movies. Dexter reassured her that he will be home for holidays and will keep in touch with her. Besides, he was moving to a 3-hour drive away place. So he said that if Tracie ever got her license, she could drive over.

"I will certainly pass this time for sure.Thirteenth's try is a charm," Tracie assured as she wiped her tears and let Dexter go. She moves towards Todd and forced him into a hug. Todd struggled as he was not the touchy type. But after a while he gently returned the hug.

Tracie was not that close with Todd but they had something. Their love for reading bonded them. It was Todd who introduced reading to Tracie. They will always head down to the bookstore or the library every month to get new books. They hugged for a while until Papa said they had to leave now. Tracie let Todd go reluctantly and said goodbye.

Dexter and Todd got into their cars while the Jones piled into their MPV. Tracie waved and waved and waved until the cars were like tiny dots, getting smaller and smaller. Tracie went back into the house, wondering why her brothers must move out. Although she didn't mind that their room would become a mini library as Momma had promised. She wondered what would happen to Papa and Momma after all of their children moved out. And Gramps too.

But a thought that serious never stay for long in Tracie's mind. She started by doing the dishes from breakfast and decided to go on a cleaning spree before taking her plan to action. Her spirit for cleaning died down as she entered her room and saw a package on her bed. Putting the broom away, she went straight for the package.

It was from Todd. She opened the package and it revealed the whole Harry Potter series. Tracie had watched all of the movies and have yet got the chance to read the books. There was a note attached.

Tracie

Here are 7 books,so dont disturb me for the next 7 months.JKJK Dont ignore your studies because you were too engrossed in reading these books.Call me if you need help understanding the words in the books.

Todd

To say that Tracie was crying is an understatement. She was wailing like a newborn. But it was a mixture of feelings;touched,happy,sad and many others. Tracie wiped away her tears and took the first Harry Potter book and read it.

Time do fly fast when you are reading a book. It was almost noon and she decided to get ready for her plan.