Chapter 18: Kiss

Tracie's face felt hot as she closed the front door. She did not know what came over her to do that. She texted her friends about this and heated up some leftover pizza in the microwave. She checked her phone for replies and her friends sure have fast fingers.

OMG congrats girl.I want the details tomorrow xoxo -Cleo

I THOUGHT WE WERE DATING OUCH GIRL OUCH (jkjk im happy for you) -Hayley

Finally I've like waited forever -Lily

Can't wait to hear about it tomorrow -Shawna

Tracie smiled at her friends' antics. She ate her pizza and got her outfit and bag ready for tomorrow. She still could not get over the fact that she has a boyfriend now. Not like she had never had one. Her last boyfriend was around 2 years ago and the reason they broke up was he had to move away and he could not commit to a long distance relationship. But like Taylor Swift's song says “What's past is past”. Her relationship with Alexander is the present now.

She was drifting to sleep as she heard the doors opening and the familiar noise that follows the Jones wherever they go. Tracie was too tired to greet them so she just went to sleep.

Morning came and Tracie was awaken by kisses on her face. She opened her eyes to see Willow and Lucille taking turns kissing her face. She smiled at them and sat up and gave each of them a hug and a kiss on their forehead. Upon kissing them, she remembered about last night. Her cheeks got hot and she went to the toilet to get ready for yet another day of school.

She went down to the kitchen and was shock to see Alexander sitting and eating breakfast with her family. Willow and Lucille were looking at her, as if expecting an explanation.

“We thought you pwomised to stay away from boys. But you are forgiven because he brought us chocolates,” They said simultaneously. Tracie just laughed it off and sat in front of Alexander. Gramps wiggled his eyebrows at her as he drank his coffee. Momma treated Alexander like her favourite son; she kept piling his plate with food.

“Alexander says he wants to drive you to school today so eat up quick,”Momma said quite cheerfully. Tracie finished up what was left on her plate and gestured to Alexander to wait for her outside. He did the guy handshake thingy with her twin brothers then shook hands with Papa and Gramps then he said thanks to Momma then he ruffles the little twins' head before winking at Tracie and went to wait outside.

“When did you get together?”

“Have you did the deed?"

“Do you love him?"

Tracie was bombarded with questions as soon as Alexander was out of the door. She said 'goodbye' to her family members and got out of the door.

Tracie walked towards Alexander's car and tripped over her long skirt. She tried to play it cool and entered Alexander's car. He was laughing really loud and Tracie could not help but smile a little.

“I hope you will only fall head over heels for me and not some pavement. Looks like my competition is strong,” Alexander said in between laughter.

“Oh Xavier,you are sweet enough to cure me of my addiction to lollies.'

“What's that perfume you're wearing?” Alexander said as he sniffed the air.

“Wonderstruck Enchanted, why? Does it smell bad?” Tracie said alarmed.

“Nope, it is very hypnotising. I like you more the more I smell it,”

“Aren't you a sweet talker?"

“Melody, I can be as sweet as you want me to be,”

Tracie and Alexander reached school and they just sat there. Tracie looked over at Alexander and he did the same. Alexander leaned in closer and so did Tracie. Their noses are now touching. Alexander looked into Tracie's eyes as if asking for permission. Tracie just closed her eyes as she leaned in, closing any distance between them.